Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
baswolfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

When logging on it shows the main page for a split second and then goed back to the logon page (url changes back, so it looks like a redirect). The status is logged-out again.

How can i stop this presumed redirect from happening?

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

baswolfs,

Are you experiencing this on the mobile app or just the web client?

What browser are you using? Is flash enabled and up to date?

JamesC

baswolfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only from the web (both Chrome, Firefox and Safari)

Updated flash, although Chrome has embedded it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

baswolfs,

If possible, try logging in from a different computer to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

jerinj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I face the same issue. Any solution found for this problem?

baswolfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

No unfortunately not

jerinj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am surpirsed there are no discussions or solutions for this. I tried from 2 computers and same problem. It was working just few days ago. App on mobile still works. I tried clearing cookies, allow pluging (which by the way still shows plugin blocked and does not happen for oter sites). Happens on both chrome and IE.

cr8tvgal1
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem. My husband and I both have  not been sent the link to reset the password. We are both locked out. Usually one of us is at a time, but we both are and cannot access the cameras on our phones or our computers. Any advise? We are ready to return the system as we are getting alerts but cannot access our cameras,

baswolfs
Aspirant
Aspirant

@cr8tvgal1 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. My husband and I both have  not been sent the link to reset the password. We are both locked out. Usually one of us is at a time, but we both are and cannot access the cameras on our phones or our computers. Any advise? We are ready to return the system as we are getting alerts but cannot access our cameras,

does your husband share an account (same credentials), or are you using a seperate one each? It 'feels' like the system sees a second login under the same account, where only one simultaneous connection per set-of-credentials is allowed. (In my case I have closed all other connections from other devices, but the problem still occurs)

Stilobix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here using Chrome, Firefox, Edge...

I tried to clear all the browsing history, delete all the cookies and I couldn't logged in properly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stilobix,

Are you using any virus protection software (like kaspersky)?

JamesC

jerinj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I am using Kaspersky.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look here for information on how to allow Arlo when using Kaspersky software: Arlo Pro - I can't use the web interface.

JamesC

jetsfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I may have figured out what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Short answer: Click the green login button ONCE and just WAIT. Even if you're tempted to click it again, DON'T. Even if it takes up to 3 minutes, DON'T.

Long answer: I've been having the same issue and tried clearing cache, history, etc. and nothing worked. So I decided to use the Firefox debugger while logging in to see what was going on. When you click the green 'Log In' button, it turns gray for a moment and then back to green. In any other normal scenario, this would indicate that the login process failed/never completed and you'd probably click the green button again. Turns out, the login process never completed and you're probably submitting invalid credentials when you click it again. This is probably why you see the main page for a second, then get redirected back to the login page (initial connection eventually completes, but then subsequent invalid attempt(s) fail).

The browser issued a GET request, but in the debugger I noticed that it was still waiting for a server response (even though the button turned green again). After about 3 minutes (this may be on the extreme side since I was behind a proxy when I tried this), I finally received the response and I was connected. Point is, just click 'Log In' once and wait until it finally connects, regardless of the button color or how long it seems to be taking.

Hopefully, this solves your redirect issues too.

png
Apprentice
Apprentice

There's also another bug, if you land on the login page through a google search results, for example searching for "arlo community", the page will redirect you back to Google.com after logging in.

Steps to Repro

1. Go to google.com
  2. Search arlo community
  3. click on links to the Arlo Community page
  4. Authenticate
  5. Notice you are redirected to google.com . (URL has URL referrer parameter as google.com too)