Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

recover deleted videos

Discussion stats
heckms01
Follower
Follower

Since Arlo upgraded their look, I no longer can find the recycle bin.  Was this option removed or moved?

54 REPLIES 54
ideeas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a break in and my videos were erased.  I was in a service area without coverage for over a week or more.  Can this be reviewed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can temporarily subscribe to the Premier or Elite subscriptions to see if the videos are there. It's worked for some/many in the past but no guarantees. Unsubscribe when finished doing what you need to do.

If they are truly deleted, there's no hope - they're gone. I recommend never deleting videos.
xLINKx
Initiate
Initiate

As a developer and "somewhat" of an Arlo fan...there are definitely glaring issues that need to be addressed. 

For the sake of this specific topic all of those who keep pointing back to users as the problem (even if meant as helpful) you must realize its one thing for a feature to be non-existent...but a completely different story when one is removed without heavily notifying users (like the recycle-bin/trash) THIS IS NOT A USER PROBLEM!  I realize ignorance is not an excuse but this is more along the lines of buying a car with airbag…only to find out they were removed when you needed them.  Just has an air of deceit due to lack of informing customers after-the-fact.

Although I have not been victim to this error (but I have accidentally removed my bridge vs reset it thanks to the close button positioning) I fully support the complaint of others on this one.  You (Arlo) have trained customers to expect certain behavior out of your product yet change them on a whim.  As much flack as apple got over removing the headphone jack…can you imagine if they snuck into everyones homes overnight and did this.  That’s the really issue here.  No warning, not even so much as a tweet or email.  100% of all PC users have used the recycle-bin…and I’m sure at least 98% of those actions was their own doing.  When operating in the realm of personal security this is quite unacceptable from numerous angles. 

In summary, PLEASE start listening to those who take the time to provide invaluable feedback to your company and as for all users in this thread, more than anything you need to support not reprimand each other (implying even a slight level fault).

xLINKx
Initiate
Initiate

While i'm at it...

1) Please clearly separate buttons that have permanent results (eg delete vs download and/or reboot hub versus REMOVE hub) or at very least make the warning dialog boxes VERY distinguishable

2) On the topic of distinguishable, make your alert sounds configurable.  This is literally 4 lines of code for iOS that has been promised since 2016.  We need a way to separate possibly home invasion events from every other text message, email, messenger, tone.  Heck PM me….I’ll do it for you.  You’re not building some novelty item like snapchat or facebook (yet they have their own customizable alerts).  Even better allow us to configure WHO the alert comes from, this way we can establish them as a “favorite” contact and bypass DND mode.

3) Bring the dang Trash Can back, lol.  Most may never need it…but for those who do…it could be quite literally vital.  Why take that chance.

=== ok…totally shutting up now…rant(s) over, lol ===

lolita8
Aspirant
Aspirant