Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

The android app has, for a long itme now, periodically posted a notification that "you are not connected to the internet, please check."  Yes, i am connected to the internet, yes the app is working fine.  The notification does not go away, it cannot be dismissed, the only way to get rid of it is to force stop the app.

There are other posts on this problem, including my me.

Its been long enough this should have been fixed by now.

Someone please tell them to fix this.

Please.

34 REPLIES 34
JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not that there is any indication that Netgear is listening to us in the slightest, what i am noticing is that 1) it still happens disappointingly frequently and 2) that when the message appears, if you open the app it says my cameras are off-line.  Force stop and reopen and all is well.  This, one might be tempted to conclude, the app is actually losing its connection separately and independantly from the phone's actual connection to the internet and goes off-line entirely within its own coding and not through the operating system.  

It also makes no difference if one transitions from mobile to wifi or back, as it happens with my phone sitting on my desk at home doing absolutely nothing and not moving.

Klegacy
Star
Star

Months go by and still no fixes.  This arlo needs an internet connection and not being able to remove the message without rebooting my new Galaxy S8 is unreal.  Please, please fix these issues with an update.  I am also still having issues where my geofencing does not do what it should.  Love the cameras, but the service and app are leaving me angry.  No response on what seems to be an issue all users are having as well.  Please find a fix, and make this app work better.  I have tried all of the stuff that people replied with and still the same issues.

Klegacy
Star
Star

Geofencing needs an internet connection, with my phone sitting right beside the arlo base.  At least 10 times today alone .. Geofencing needs an internet connection, Geofencing needs an internet connection, Geofencing needs an internet connection, Geofencing needs an internet connection and every time I need to reboot my phone to get rid of the message.  If you will not fix this, please please please at least make the friggin message leave by itself!  Your cameras are so great, but the feedback and support we are receiving on these issues is terrible so far.  How can one get through to you?

So frustrated!

Jammerram
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my 3 cameras are giving me the message “not connected to internet “ and it will not clear? Tried resetting base and batteries ??
dlang2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the following message "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." I get it both on my computer and Iphone 8. My interenet is working fine. This issue started when I had trouble loging in to my account. Customer Service was horrible and did not help me. Anyone have suggestions how I can get back into my arlo account?

equinox308
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything worked fine until approximately 7p Pacific and my system now has the same error prompt, on all my iOS devices and online account , says “not connected to Internet”.

my internet works fine ..

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try power cycling everything. Base, all cameras, etc.
equinox308
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much Jim - I was just getting ready to follow your power cycling steps and noticed now that all is back to normal.

Quite strange.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Naborc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently relocated two of my cameras, and now I cant live stream. I will get notifications and it will record, but If I choose to watch live, it says I am not connected to the internet.