Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Your device is offline"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jonathanstrutt
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo cameras keep on disconnecting for no reason. Once synchronised, our Arlo cameras will work for a while, then on accessing the app, they'll suddenly decide that they're unreachable or that they're not available all together. Brand new system, batteries good, cameras in range (when they're connected) and statically mounted outside.

This is becoming really frustrating - the single most important thing about a camera system is that it works?!? Should I have gone wired?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had various display issues over time that I can resolve by logging out and back in.  Rather odd that I have to do this but it works, at least for me.

Also, try both the app and browser when this happens.  If one works but not the other, it may be either just a display issue  that could be resolved as above or an issue with the device/software that is being problematic.

Jonathanstrutt
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll give the browser a try. I've tried logging out and back in and I've tried reinstalling the app (neither of which have worked).

Thanks for the tip though.
Jonathanstrutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly, no solution here. 

Neither the Browser (from PC) or the mobile phone app is detecting the camera's.

Looks like all I can do is go back through the re-installation process and see if that fixes it. 

If not, I'll definitely be looking for my money back as I currently have 3 x £110 paper-weights 😕

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? There should be 3 green ones - power, Internet and cameras. I'm guessing the Internet one is amber. That could mean the base port, router port or cable has an issue. You can try different ports and a different cable as well as power-cycling the base. If all that fails, yeah, remove all devices in Settings, perform a factory reset and try setting up again. It could just be a faulty base which could lead to a system swap at your store or a replacement from Netgear (after a trouble ticket).

coterp
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having this same problem and it started only recently.  Every day or so, all 4 of my cameras drop offline.  I reset the base unit and they come back.  They all have fresh batteries and show full signal strength.  They work for a while and then I start noticing I'm not getting any motion notifications.  I go online and see all my cameras show an error message saying they're not connected.  Reboot the base unit and they work for another day or two.  It's pretty frustrating.  These are supposed to be for security.  I need them to be reliable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coterp,

When this happens what is the behavior of the camera LED on the base station?

This could be a browser issue, do you see this behavior across multiple browser or on the mobile app?

JamesC