Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EaterofSouls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am just curious if I have to be connected to my home internet for this camera to function properly. I connected the cameras and everything to the app on my phone. Everything was working perfect last night, recording exactly as I specified. 

Came to work, checked it out. It has the following message:

"Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working internet connection."

My main concern is that it is not recording anything while Im at work. Or while my phone is not connected to my router. My hopeful assumption is once I get reconnected with my router, it will upload any footage recorded while i was gone.

Thanks for your time and help.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual issue is that work has blocked Netgear.com. You can talk to your network folks or use your phone on cell service.

EaterofSouls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not even connected to work's internet. I am using the cell service. Any other explanations?

Cdrridg
Star
Star
The last week the arlo cameras have been going offline a great deal.
Db6cargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have frozen feed from 14 hours earlier
Ughhhhh
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EaterofSouls wrote:

I am not even connected to work's internet. I am using the cell service. Any other explanations?

Without knowing whether the base is actually connected with a green Internet LED, it would be hard to tell. If everything is actually working and you just can't see it, videos will be uploaded normally - the device viewing the interface has no effect on that.

One thing I do when having appmissues is to log out and back in. While it doesn't help everyone, it may here. You can also use a browser on your phone to check but you'll need to use the browser's menu to set it to desktop mode or you'll get a notification to install the app from the mobile version of the site.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cdrridg wrote:
The last week the arlo cameras have been going offline a great deal.

I had slowness yesterday but no of lines. Again, a possible workaround is to log off and back in. Might help or not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Db6cargo wrote:
I have frozen feed from 14 hours earlier
Ughhhhh

Please define this. The camera in the Cameras tab has an old screenshot? The general answer to that is to remove the camera and resync it.

Db6cargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have
Db6cargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still can't connect with my router
Can my net gear base be bad?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be.  First, try a different cable and different port on the router.  If still no green Internet LED, create a trouble ticket.  If this is a new system, you could also return it to the store for another system.