Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JohnHouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have restarted the base station numerous times.  Now, on the "Discover Device" page there is a reply in the form of an orange bar at the top of the page stating: "We are unable to claim this device.".....

What does this mean??

Also, on the page where the cameras are displaying the images, the images are darkened stating that the system is off-line whereas it is indeed on-line...

what to do?

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

More info... device your using? , OS system and version?

and read this... repurchased unit?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/unable-to-claim-device/m-p/1193436

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JohnHouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB3000 base station 

THe operating system is:  

Version
2.3.0.782_15489

As stated previously the cameras WERE functional and after restarting ther are now NOT FUNCTIONAL, and I can not add back two additional cameras that WERE connected 
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

OK, i meant android, ios, pc...i wasn'r clear.

If you cant get back cameras that were previously on and synced to the base do the following;

Open battery door

Go to settings, and for the camera use REMOVE DEVICE

reboot the base via the power button , let it come back online ( a couple mins )

close battery door

bring back camera as if new by re-syncing. ( quick push on base sync button ,not hold )

Morse is faster than texting!
JohnHouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a PC...

Computer and Arlo base station are connected via the exactly same internet connection.

The crazy thing is that EVERYTHING was working perfectly until I started having to change batteries.  Now nothing works

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

well hoping that someone from Arlo can give me an answer as to how to resolve the issue i am having with my recent delivery of my arlo 4 camera refurbished system that i cant get up and running !

I have all 3 lights solidly lit on the base station but when I open the app on either my PC or iphone i get as far as accepting the terms and conditions then get an error stating either "we are unable to claim this device.To get help...." or "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.Please try again later'. According to the forums it seems to be a simple fix at that end to "remove the previous existing association (AKA device claim) ".

Well i have opened a case file and had several conversations with technical support but yet to receive a resolution. seems the support staff are all call center based and just gathering info ? I'm fine with that, I'd just like to see a resolution quickly as i can so that I can get this up and running.

Looks like a well built camera and hoping it's not going to end up like my old Vuezone cameras as a paper weight?

Any ideas anyone ? Much appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PetersArlo,

I was able to review your case and it has been escalated. Please refer to your open support case on this topic for additional information.

JamesC

chillis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same issue. Did you get an answer? Seems pretty silly this fails and need to set up all over again just to replace the batteries. If this is the case, this will be the last device I purchase. Simply subpar.

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

No, so far no solution. Juat the usual "your case has been escalated' message but nobody from Netgear making any contact.

I had the older vuezone system that worked fine until it was made obsolete and no longer functional..hope the Arlo is not heading down the same track ?

If this isn't resolved soon i will be posting comment on Amazon warning other users to beware as i see there are refurbished units for sale there.

I wouldn't worry about trying new batteries. i think this has to do with accounts not being deactivated that is making our refurbished base stations 'unable to claim device". Perhaps a new base station is the answer?

I will post if/when this is resolved.

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

To all those out there that are having problems with a refurbished system with "unable to clain this device" or similar error message don't give up on Arlo just yet !!

My 4 camera system is now up and running and working fine for the past hour or so. The only problem being the cameras sometimes showing as not being online. i simply logged out then signed back in and cameras are back.

I'm guessing it was fixed at Netgears end by old accounts still being active that caused a conflict when setting up?

Whatever it was my faith has been restored  and I'm now looking forward to seeing how much better the new Pro cameras function when i can save enough to purchase one or 2.

Hope others out there with the same issue have had their problem fixed too?

Ravels
Initiate
Initiate

Have reset the systern many times now for 2 days.Have 3 greens on the Netgear base station.But still no contact with Arlo

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem. I opened a support case number and had to make a few calls to support staff.

When i was escalated to level 2 support I had a fantastic response from Jen who solved all my problems and had the base station activated and cameras up and running in no time.

Hope you will hear from her soon....?

Dont give up, these cameras are great when they are up and running !!

Ravels
Initiate
Initiate

A few e-mails to the support solved My problem.

Thank You so much for Your support. 

chillis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually I must apologize in that I had two Arlo accounts and didn't use the correct one for which I registered the cam serial number. So yes they are great cams. Wish they made and outdoor non wired Dome ptz digital. That would rock!