Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
parmitage
Tutor
Tutor

I've just transferred my Arlo internet connection from a Bell Mobility service (with WIFI router connection) to a satellite service.  My cameras stream video just fine when using the Arlo app on my iPhone.  However, the streaming doesn't work using the Arlo software on both my MacBook Pro as well as a MS-OS system with Firefox.  I get the "Please wait" message, and then nothing happens.... Any solutions?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Recently had same problems with Fire Fox too.  Switched to Chrome and all was fine. So just try a different browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
parmitage
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem with Safari on my Mac system, so I think something else is going on here...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

parmitage,

Do you have cookies enabled for both browsers? Also be sure you have the latest version of Flash Player installed. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

parmitage
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James. Thanks for your reply. This problem disappeared when I shifted to a different WIFI network and server.  I encountered the problem with the new Xplornet (a satellite service) I joined. The Arlo base station connects to the Xplornet router/modem via WIFI.  But the Rogers network in the city works fine.  I conclude there must be something screwy with Xplornet which I will discuss with them.  It's a bit of a mystery because the Arlo base station is reaching the Netgear server just fine - upload is fine. It's getting the download of the streamed video through Xplornet that's a problem.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

parmitage,

The issue is likely related to the high latency of the satellite connection. Take a look at this article and be sure the connection meets the minimum requirements: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

JamesC

parmitage
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks again for that reply.  I got >7 mbps download speed on that Explornet system when I was last there (currently on the road for business).  But the latency issue doesn't make sense to me given that I can stream video when I am not on the home WIFI network. So the Arlo station is successfully transmitting data through the Explornet router, satellite dish, satellite and on from there....  I will have to experiment more and test when I am on site.  This is what Xplornet has to say about the latency issue - http://www.xplornet.com/questions/about-satellite-latency/