Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sercanleylek
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I've successfully installed by following each step. I downloaded the app and clicked "New to Arlo?" button. Unfortunately, "Discovering your device" message takes almost forever and at the end, it gives the following error message:

Make sure both the Power and Internet Globe icons are lit green.

However, both of these icons are lit green on my base station. And I am sure that both my iPhone and base station are on the same Wi-Fi network. I also tried it on my laptop browser which is on the same Wi-Fi network, but still no luck. 

How can I make sure that my base station and iPhone/laptop on the same network?

Secondly, what other problem can be?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try resetting the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Try again.
Rmenegoni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having lots of issues with ARLO. Ready to toss it all in the garbage!!! It started with 3 cameras not recording for 4 days while i was out of town. Once home, i couldn't get my cameras to sync to the base station. I tried re syncing. Blue lights were flashing, but no devices were loaded into my app or web page. Nothing.

After reading some posts, I deleted my base station and restarted it, but now it "can't be discovered". Power and planet symbols are green. I've tried doing the factory reset  (Button + sync) but nothing happens.

What to do next???? New Base station?????

Rmenegoni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having lots of issues with ARLO. Ready to toss it all in the garbage!!! It started with 3 cameras not recording for 4 days while i was out of town. Once home, i couldn't get my cameras to sync to the base station. I tried re syncing. Blue lights were flashing, but no devices were loaded into my app or web page. Nothing.

After reading some posts, I deleted my base station and restarted it, but now it "can't be discovered". Power and planet symbols are green. I've tried doing the factory reset  (Button + sync) but nothing happens.

What to do next???? New Base station?????

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset is done using only the reset button - don't use the sync.  After the reset, use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

When syncing cameras be sure to only briefly press the sync button - don't hold it.