problems with the arlo app cant share with my husband because of ui

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sasbricks
Follower
Follower

I live with my husband. Now we have Verisure and with this subscription we received Arlo cameras. my husband has an iphone 15 and i have a samsung galaxy s22. (both on the latest firmware) my husband has the new arlo ui while I have the old one, I tried sharing my account so my friend can watch the cameras via his own account. Now this doesn't work because I have the old version, we have already tried everything. there is a way to force it but this doesn't work because I don't have a pro 5 camera or surveillance system in the old version, we really need sharing. the app is also up to date on both phones. I hope someone can help us, greetings Sas

1 REPLY 1
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Take a look at the app on your account and the app on your spouse's device and compare. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your spouse.

Please let us know if this works.