Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

problem with Arlo emails/links, lack of responsive and responsible support....just bots

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MMcN
Guide
Guide

We have had more than one problem with Arlo emails/links, lack of responsive and responsible support....just bots.

Anyone else out there with similar experience?

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
It is just something you have to put up with.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Just bots" is because you must have a subscription to get to support. You can tem,porarily subscribe and then cancel when finished.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MMcN,

You're welcome to post any issues you experience here on the community, provide as many details as you can and we will assist further.

JamesC

MMcN
Guide
Guide

Okay....your the first person to express such a sentiment.

We have had an account for a few years, I an the primary person to use it.

Recently we expanded our system and saw new functionality.

My wife was previously added as a "friend" but never really used the access.

I am out of town and she needed to access th account but was unable to do so.

I finally got thru to a person via chat. explained what was happening, all she got when she logged in was a blank screen below the arlo logo.

All I could get out of the rep was to uninstall and reinstall the app on her phone....which we did....result...no change

So then I deleted her as a friend and readded her....and sent the invitation to her email.

She received the invitation email....but the link, which was a blank button, directed her to "create an account".

There was no option to accept the invitation.

And here we are....no help, no feedback...no resolution.

So have at it!!!

MMcN
Guide
Guide
Skip the cute little badges and titles and provide real, applicable solutions to user issues with your app, software and lack of true CUSTOMER support.
Hardware works great....but that is one third of the package....you're not doing well at the other two thirds, software and support, from what I read on the forums.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MMcN,

She needs to click the link in the invitation email using a PC. She will then be redirected to a login page where a new account can be created, or, she can log in with existing credentials.

After this has been successfully completed, you should see the status change from pending to accepted under the grant access settings within the primary account.

JamesC