Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Rgpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

One camera shows a 2 on the little green box on the camera tab.  There are no videos in the library, and, the camera is not recording. I tried the detetion test, and it is detecting motion. Modes seem to be right, although, I do find this system not to be user friendly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rgpop,

The green box on the camera tab when clicked applies a filter to the library that limits the content displayed to that associated camera. If the camera is detecting motion during the detection test, it should record as long as there is an active rule set within the active mode that tells it to. An easy way to tell is to check the cameras screen for a "green" running man icon on the affected camera. If the icon is "grey" that tells us that motion detection for that camera is not active. Please ensure that the rule for that camera is active by navigating to "settings" and "modes", selecting the active mode and making sure there is a green check mark on the rule for the affected camera.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rgpop,

The green box on the camera tab when clicked applies a filter to the library that limits the content displayed to that associated camera. If the camera is detecting motion during the detection test, it should record as long as there is an active rule set within the active mode that tells it to. An easy way to tell is to check the cameras screen for a "green" running man icon on the affected camera. If the icon is "grey" that tells us that motion detection for that camera is not active. Please ensure that the rule for that camera is active by navigating to "settings" and "modes", selecting the active mode and making sure there is a green check mark on the rule for the affected camera.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Rgpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it did help.  Back in bussiness.  Thank you.

Raullares
Initiate
Initiate
My camera's Stop recording Ithe does show the green man and my mode it's set up all green to record at all time have storage space and still will not record .. I hate your customer service that I can't talk to a real representative. . I been having nothing but problems with them worst buy anyone can make ...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raullares,

Consider checking your mode to make sure the rules that tell the camera to record upon detecting motion are active (green check mark). Also make sure the batteries aren't depleted. If your cameras are set up to record at all times it's possible the batteries are drained and need replaced.

JamesC

Shirley2015
Guide
Guide

I just purchased my Arlo. Batteries are brand new. I have the running man. It's on armed and still not recording. 

Cocakola
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the running man is black, not gray.  Also, try opening and closing the battery door on the suspect camera.  If that doesn't help, remove the camera in Settings and re-sync it. Does any of this help?

SeizetheDay
Tutor
Tutor

Black?  I thought the running man was supposed to be green if it was active and recording?  Oy this is so confusing.  No instruction manual, some cameras work, some don't.  I have my sensitivity changed to 100% and they all pass the motion detection test when I try it, but I either get a video of the ups LEAVING my house (um he opened my gate, climbed 14 stairs and ARLO didn't detect him until he was right at my front door?). 

Night vision also stinks.  I have done everything suggested, re-setting the base, setting cameras to 100% sensitivity, opened and closed the battery compartment (so fun dragging a ladder about - NOT!).  It records us MAYBE once in a night test, and does not record the next six times we try.

I do not like this system!  And I hate that there is no comprehensive manual for us to go through ourselves to learn/research, and there is no human we can call.  This stinks!  Over $1000 for a system that is not doing what it should be doing.  I am aggravated! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SeizetheDay,

A black running man indicates that the camera is set to detect and record motion.

It sounds like the issues you are having may be due to the location of the camera. For best placement tips, take a look at this article: How do I position my Arlo camera?

Also, if you could provide a screenshot from your cameras point of view, we maybe able to offer feedback on why you are experiencing the issues you describe.

JamesC

South1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see live footage on my 4 cameras but it does not record any clips to the server. The cameras worked fine for the first two days but noe I can only see live recording when prompted on my iphone. The green running man is visible for all 4 cameras. What is the problem ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

South1,

What mode are your cameras set to? If motion detection is active the running man will show up as black on the cameras screen.

Consider setting your cameras to the default "Armed" mode to test.

JamesC

MayamarG6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have similar problems. Live streaming works on 2 cameras but motion detection does not. One of the cameras shows running man in black and the other grey. The only device listed in the Mode tab is the modem. 

PS Brand new system, batteries on 97%

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You only went part way into the Mode section.  Since you could have multiple base stations or Q cameras, you need to click on the appropriate system to select it, even if there's just one.  Once you do that, you'll see all modes and the scheduler.  What modes do you have?  The default ones are Armed (all cameras, 80 sensitivity, 10 second recordings and both email and push notifications enabled) and Disarmed (all cameras off).  Don't modify those but if you have, fix Armed to the above specs and then create your own to your satisfaction.  Enable that mode and the running men should be black, according to how you set up the rules in that mode.