Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rkapa
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i  turn off my arlo camera and try to turn it on after  a couple days it goes off line and stays that way.  it kills the bateries when it's in off line mode.  i have to replace the bateries to get it to go back online.   so if  i only use the camera for a day and turn it off for 2 days my batteried are dead.  my camera is not under warranty any more.   i would like to have it sent out for repair because there  is something wrong with it.  i have 4 cameras all together,  if i put another one in its place and do the same thing it does not kill the batteries.. i have trouble shooted this thing till i'm blue in the face.  it is a bad camera.  simply put..  it needs repaired.. when i spoke to the support person she went thru the hole script.. i  do not want  to go thru that again.. waste of my time... she also told me no one the the earth repairs these cameras.. does anyone know who would?   i find it amazing that you can't send it somewhere for repair?  who makes products that can't be fixed..  if i knew that i sure woulnd't have bought  2 sets of them..

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your actually "turning off" the cameras in settings, try and just use the DISARM mode....

It uses the same amount of battery power either way. The OFF feature is more of a privacy setting if you have cameras in rooms and you SHARE.  Only the primary account holder can access an off camera to allow it to be viewed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Even if you could find someone to repair it it would be cheaper to buy a new one. Like a tv. Run it till its dead then buy a new one. Electronics do go bad but i doubt thats the issue. Could be firmware. Others complaining of the same thing you are. I doubt everyones camera went bad at the same time. The problem with Arlo is there really is no support. Its a joke. Like talking to a 2 year old. For this reason i wont buy anymore products from arlo.
rkapa
Aspirant
Aspirant
i hear that. i will not buy anymore and i will definitely not recommend them to anyone. the batteries are just to expensive to keep putting in for no reason. so if i decide to use this camera again i will not shut it off the support was a woman reading script. telling you what to do and could not deviate from the script. i’m so patient with people on the phone knowing that they are just following a script but i couldn’t take it anymore. hell with it. thanks for letting me know others are having this issue.
rkapa
Aspirant
Aspirant
i only want to turn off one camera not both so that’s not an option. and that is why there is the option on the website. (or app). to be able to use your camera as you need to. if i wanted to “disarm” them both i would use that option.
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Its an option. Create a custom mode and leave the one you want disarmed off of that mode. Dont add it when you add device. I have this for mine so when i get home i go to outside cameras only so my inside cameras dont record. By leaving it off the mode you can still keep camera on it will just be disarmed by default simce you did not add that particular camera to the created mode