Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

no little man no man what so ever

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ty3035
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system I've depended on for a couple years, and now it's like trying to right

a lame horse, even though I jumped every hoop I have found in trying to sort out

why my camera's are totally not working.  Pink is a good color, but not for bunnies

and vehicles on video, and leaves little to give law enforcement for a trespasser.

NOW I don't have any little man, none what so ever, settings as should be, and

after spending the last hour looking for little man not there, I will be the first that

should be accessible for any who have also the same problem.  Answers are needed

because though I have 20 security camera's, it was with arlo that allowed me to

locate the video I needed for activity. 

Sure I can take still photo if I am constantly watching or notice activity, I can see

live, and everything is set and re-set to the point it's not me!  But without the

"little man", it is nothing more than a yard ordament.

Why don't I have a little man? and the rest of those icons are gray, minus little man.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

whenever i have a missing icon or battery level not showig, i either close by browser and reopen, or use a different browser.  A couple times I've had to reboot the base station.  Doesnt happen very often

ty3035
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, it's never happened to me, but I'm glad you were able to

sort it that way.  I've closed, deleted, re-installed, paired a couple times, all with wo

solution, but I have noticed if I ignore issues, it sometimes starts to work on it's on, and that's

pretty much where I'm at, lawn ordaments.

manfredz wrote:

whenever i have a missing icon or battery level not showig, i either close by browser and reopen, or use a different browser.  A couple times I've had to reboot the base station.  Doesnt happen very often

I will note also, about the PINK daytime, becareful which

batteries you use, as I didn't have the problem with this model (I'm guessing it's that model)

until I used rechargeable batteries.  Thanks again for your response.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ty3035 wrote:

I will note also, about the PINK daytime, becareful which

batteries you use, as I didn't have the problem with this model (I'm guessing it's that model)

until I used rechargeable batteries.  Thanks again for your response.

ty....

be careful of the type of rechargeables you are using ...there are many out there.

just in case, you should be using a 3.7v rechargeable of high quality.... Netgear does has a set that functions very well with the Arlos

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ty3035
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't give up, but I could have used my time on other things, yet i want to UPDATE that I solved this 'no little man' problem...

disconnect and remove everything. plug in the power, and  PUSH THE RESET BUTTON AS DIRECTED AND START OVER! add the ether cable, then add the camera's again.  it's amazing what one can resolve in a half a day!  hope this helps.