Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

new app pushes the words Armed, Disarmed, Schedule or Geofencing off the screen to the right

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems, yet again, that we make one step forwards and one back with the Arlo app.

Down loaded the latest Android app version 2.5.0_21265 and the notes with the app says ‘ Updated text in Mode screen ‘.

This has proven to be a problem.

• With the Arlo Q I always had the word ‘Office’ and a long list of identifying letters and numbers. This new app pushed the words in green of Armed, Disarmed, Schedule or Geofencing off the screen to the right.

Thus I went Devices, settings, Name and edited this to just the word Office.

Back to Devices and back to Mode and all was now correct. I could see the Armed – Geofencing etc.

• With the Arlo Pro base station I had Hall Entrance and a long list of identifying letters and numbers. This new app pushed the words in green of Armed, Disarmed, Schedule or Geofencing off the screen to the right.

Thus I went Devices, settings, Name and edited this to just the word Hall Entrance.

Back to Devices and it was shown correctly as Hall Entrance.

Back to Mode and no changes had occurred. The Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, & Geofencing was STILL pushed off to the right.!!

My next step was as follows.

Settings:- Storage, Apps, Arlo, clear cache, clear data, return, return, return.

Apps:- Arlo version 2.5.0_21265, uninstall, return.

Playstore, Arlo install. Open, Log in.

Deleting and downloading the app has made NO DIFFERENCE.

Thus at present when I am in Mode, I CANNOT SEE WHICH MODE I AM IN…!

Hopefully someone has a solution, but AGAIN downloading the latest app has caused problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I followed your instructions, and you were quite correct in the naming problem.

However this did not solve the main problem, I still had the words in green showing the mode I set off to the right.

The very latest version of the Android software recently released solved the problem. ( New version 2.5.1_21471  released 05/22/18 )

All now back working correctly.  THANKS

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kwenda,

Can you provide a screenshot with an example of this? I may not be replicating correctly but i'm not seeing this issue as described.

Also, what model Android device are you using?

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, thanks for reply.

Phone is a MOTO G 3rd gen, 2.00 GB RAM, 16.00 ROM, SKU XT1541, Android 6.0.1, Android security patch 1st April 2018, System version 24.226.17.osprey_reteu_2gb.reteu.en.EU retgb,  Build Number MPIS24.107-55-2-17.

Two photographs.

On devices screen it says ‘ Hall ‘  which is what I changed the name of the Arlo Pro camera/base station to.

On Mode screen it says Hall Entrance 4RD1737LA2… and a clock in green. 

BUT IT DOES NOT SAY IF ARMED OR DISARMED…   Which is a problem..

( Yes I can tap the line to get more information, but this never used to be needed.)

ALSO

I successfully shortened the Office Arlo Q and took out the long numbers.

WHY CANNOT I DO THE SAME WITH THE ARLO PRO.???

This is a new problem after the recent update of the app.

Hope you can assist.   Thanks

Screenshot_20180518-175203.pngScreenshot_20180518-175228.png

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

To  JamesC

Any news on this subject.?

I supplied the screen shots as requested...

Thanks

**bleep**

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kwenda,

It looks like you've changed the name of the Pro camera but not the base station. If you go into Settings > My Devices, what is shown for the base station name (not the pro camera)?

JamesC

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

After the app update I am having a close issue to this also.  This is for the Main Hub.  If I turn off Geofencing and turn it back on when at home the notifiction notes it is in my scheduled Home mode.  But when I check the app it show disarmed.  I had someone walk up to the house but the camera's did not show motion as it was disarmed and not in home mode.  The only way to correct it is to go into geofencing and changed toggle the modes under Home mode.  Screenshot_2018-05-24-20-33-08.pngScreenshot_2018-05-24-20-33-13.pngScreenshot_2018-05-24-20-33-21.pngScreenshot_2018-05-24-20-33-28.png

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I followed your instructions, and you were quite correct in the naming problem.

However this did not solve the main problem, I still had the words in green showing the mode I set off to the right.

The very latest version of the Android software recently released solved the problem. ( New version 2.5.1_21471  released 05/22/18 )

All now back working correctly.  THANKS