Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gorvea
Tutor
Tutor

My apps on my devices have updated and now I cannot access any recorded content stored locally on the HUB. There doesn't seem to ba an option to permit this.. or am I missing something?

PS I cannot subscribe to any support or online options as I am in Jersey Channel Islands and Arlo doesn't offer services here - 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gorvea wrote:

There is a setting to store data locally, but no obvious way to view the files....

The "Local Storage Settings" is set to "ready" "View recordings" is set to "on" but where are the recordings?

If you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app menu, then any local recordings are shown on the Storage Settings Screen - right below "Local Storage Settings".

IMG_1993.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gorvea wrote:

My apps on my devices have updated and now I cannot access any recorded content stored locally on the HUB.

am I missing something?

You are missing something.  Go to devices, then select the base.  After that, select storage settings.  You'll see the local recordings there.

No idea why Arlo made that change, it would have made a lot more sense to put local recordings in the feed (and provide options to filter them out in the filter.

Gorvea
Tutor
Tutor

There is a setting to store data locally, but no obvious way to view the files....

The "Local Storage Settings" is set to "ready" "View recordings" is set to "on" but where are the recordings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gorvea wrote:

If you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app menu, then any local recordings are shown on the Storage Settings Screen - right below "Local Storage Settings".

IMG_1993.PNG

Gorvea
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, talk about hiding them away.... I would be logical to create a shortcut under say FEEDS pointing to the local storage. Arlo certainly don't like those of us using Local storage, even if their Policies force us down that path!!