netgear basestation for arlo. Can not connect to basestation

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Kildevej10
Follower
Follower

I can not connect to basestation. I have tryed via Iphone, Ipad and Imag. Iphone and Ipad via wireless. That dosnt work. It say that I have to connect to same network as the basestation.  The Imag is connected via cable. I have a Internet router and from that into a switch. From the switch to Imag and basestation. I can read here that others had success via cableconnect But not here. And yes I have tryed to reset the basestation. Is here someone who have the same problem. The Instuctionbook on arlo.com and wiht the box is ekstemly por.

Please help. Its petty annoying to use so many hours on something that Arlo says takes 10 min.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What arfe the LEDs on the base showing?  There should be 2 green ones - power and Internet.  If the Internet one is not green, it has no Internet access to the servers, which is required.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your trying to connect your devices to the actual base wifi system, it will not connect.  ONLY the cameras can connect to the base units.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CHRC
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the next step if the internet light stays amber? I let it run for a half hour and it didn't turn green.  I unplugged and ttried it twice.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That means the base is connected to the router and has an IP address but no connection to the Internet. That's usually caused by a setting g in the router. Is it your router or the ISP's? If the latter, you'll need to talk to them.
veenieC
Aspirant
Aspirant

SET UP; my computer & mobile phone cannot connect to the base station. internet & power LED are in Green. When I factory reset,. there is no amber lights no matter how long I press the reset & sync buttons..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Old reset procedure.  These days use just teh reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

veenieC
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On the back of the base, next to the power switch.

veenieC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks.., you made my day.. I already plan to return the units to Amazon if it will not work..