Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

muted audio at live stream startup

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
markokayo
Follower
Follower

in Arlo iphone app, the live stream opens up with the audio playing. by the time i hit the mute buton - everyone in the room has already heard the audio and been disrupted. can you update the app to do the opposite of how it is now... make the live stream open on mute, and you hit the sound button to enable the audio if you want? or at least give the option to have it open on audio playing or open on mute?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

markokayo,

This can be done by muting your mobile device prior to launching the live stream. Mute the media volume on your device, then launch the live stream, then adjust the media volume as necessary.

JamesC

carrots-little
Guide
Guide

This is a workaround, but is there any way to disable the audio from automatically playing out loud from within the app itself? It's a pain to first have to go to an app from which one can adjust the volume, and then turn the volume all the way down, each time that I want to use the Arlo app. I don't want to have my phone muted for all other purposes, so it would make sense that the app could allow muting of itself.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can only mute the sound by clicking on the speaker icon while viewing.

carrots-little
Guide
Guide
Thanks, but this is exactly what the original post noted as problematic. We need it to be muted from the very start, before the audio comes on at all, or else other people can hear the live feed.
We want it to open muted by default rather than to open playing aloud by default.