Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rickster46
Aspirant
Aspirant

We returned home from vacation and discovered Arlo had turned itself to "all motion off."  Now, on the Mode page,  there is no option for "all motion on", meaning, of course, we cannot receive alerts or record motion.  The only option visible on the Mode screen is "all motion off."

Can you explain the cause of this and what the fix is?  Do we need to do a complete reset of the base station and cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rickster46 wrote:

We returned home from vacation and discovered Arlo had turned itself to "all motion off."  Now, on the Mode page,  there is no option for "all motion on", meaning, of course, we cannot receive alerts or record motion.  The only option visible on the Mode screen is "all motion off."

Can you explain the cause of this and what the fix is?  Do we need to do a complete reset of the base station and cameras?

Have no idea why as it shouldn't happen... but then again I've seen glitches happen when the power goes out and returns.

To Fix; Make a new MODE.

Go to SETTINGS

Click on MODES

Click on ADD

Give it a new name ALL MOTION ON CAMS  ( or similar )

Click the black CHECK mark at the end of each camera and turn it GREEN  ( green means that cam is active in that mode )

Hit SAVE on exit.... done

To test;

Turn ALL MOTION ON

Go to live view screen

Make sure each camera has a GREEN 'running man' above it ( green man shows motion detect is active )

Go have a glass of wine and relax cause you did well.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rickster46 wrote:

Have no idea why as it shouldn't happen... but then again I've seen glitches happen when the power goes out and returns.

To Fix; Make a new MODE.

Go to SETTINGS

Click on MODES

Click on ADD

Give it a new name ALL MOTION ON CAMS  ( or similar )

Click the black CHECK mark at the end of each camera and turn it GREEN  ( green means that cam is active in that mode )

Hit SAVE on exit.... done

To test;

Turn ALL MOTION ON

Go to live view screen

Make sure each camera has a GREEN 'running man' above it ( green man shows motion detect is active )

Go have a glass of wine and relax cause you did well.

rickster46
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick response TomMac,  but, Houston, we still have a problem.  I was able to add an "all motion on" Mode, so at least I can now turn the cameras on or off.  However, the running men are not green and the system, obviously, will not record motion, although the rules are set to record.   

Can you guide me through the next step?  Thanks.

Rick

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you guide me through the next step?  Thanks.

The record time are yes, set in the rules, but the actual on/off of the cameras are in the modes

Rule say what the cameras will do, Modes only say what cameras are active or not ( all modes contain the same list of cameras you have )

Go to SETTINGS /MODES, click on the edit button of ALL MOTION ON

verify that at the line end of each camera the 'check mark' that is there is GREEN. ( green check means that camera will be active when mode run, black means the camera will be off ) I'm guessing that the check marks are black

Run ALL MOTION ON

check for the green running man above each camera in live view screen

rickster46
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

You were correct that the checks were black.  I have five registered cameras, and when I checked the fifth to green, the second camera check turned black.  I tried various combinations but could not set all  five cameras to record on motion:  One was always black. 

Can you guide me through this issue, please?

Thanks,

Rickster 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a new one to me... you should be able to toggle all to green.

I would say, first make up a NEW MODE with similar name and attempt to turn all 5 cams green. If this works you can then delete the previous Mode

If it doesn't work you may want to try a higher pay grade ( like JamesC ), and I would reach out to him re same.... otherwise you may be looking at a reset to get a glitch out of the base ( simple non damaging reset is a power off via button and let the base reboot. )

PS what level of service?

rickster46
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,  I added a new on/record mode and the problem persisted.  I tried the reset with no luck.  My subcription is the Basic level, and the subscription page shows five cameras supported and connected.  However, you solved the original problem and have three thumbs up from me.

I'll follow your advice and contact JamesC.

Thanks,

Rickster46