Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

it happened a few times, but today as i walked out to work the camera was triggered and got a notification on my phone. when i checked my library there was no recording. anyone else experiencing this? i think it happened a few times now for me. 

15 REPLIES 15
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Check the library using the browser access. It is a known problem that some videos do not show in the library when viewed in the Android or iOS app. Netgear are aware of the issue.

So, try logging in at:

arlo.netgear.com
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

I did check web library and its the same as mobile ISO...the recording i need is not in the library.

my neibhors tree just got vandalized and my camera is pointing to it and i got the notification but don't see anything in library !! 

this better not be the case where i NEED the video but can't due to negears system issues !!! ugh 

thier tree got vandalized lastnight and my camera didn't get triggered --camera out of range i think but today i upped the sensor to 95 and i just got a notification and then saw toilet paper all over the place but no recording. 

so why can't i see it in web browser library? 

jludwig40
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing is happening to me.

All day today, about 1 out of every 4 notifications actually results in a recording being visible on the website or app.

When I installed my system last summer, everything worked perferctly.  Now its just bug after bug.

I still get motion falsely triggered on a camera every time I open the app.  That has been going on since November. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have reported significant delays in being able to view the recorded videos. If you have email notifications use the embedded link. If not, enable them for possible better response. I have some Python scripts that might help by downloading all videos per day to your computer so they never expire. You can PM me with your email address if you want them.

Your other option is to wait for the videos to show up, whenever that may be.

Flaguy57
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issues. Since the 2/11/16 update recordings show up late or not at all. No recordings today whatsoever. Tried rebooting the base station to no avail. Does Netgear even bother to test their updates before releasing them? Is anyone at Netgear even bothering to read these posts? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, not everyone is having these issues. I have no trouble with notifications or videos showing up.  Obviously, that doesn't mean no one else is seeing this.  One thing I'm trying to get info on is what servers are in use and I've had little response on it.  You can use a computer and open a command or terminal widow to use the ping command:

ping arlo.netgear.com

What response do you see?  Only interested in the IP address/DNS name.  Mine shows up as:

ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com [52.16.17.159]

It's an Amazon cloud server, apparently in Ireland.  

BTW, the proper way to report problems is to open a trouble ticket.  The forums can't possibly help as much.

Flaguy57
Tutor
Tutor

C:\>ping arlo.netgear.com

Pinging arloprodlb-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com [54.77.176.243] with 3
2 bytes of data ;
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 54.77.176.243:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

pinging arloprodlb-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com

reqeust timed out

reqeust timed out

reqeust timed out

reqeust timed out

ping statistics for 52.16.17.159: packets: sent 4, received 0, lost = 4 ) 100% loss

i received few delayed videos after a few hours but that was about it....

I also did a manual recording of an event and couldn't find it in library....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, different server but same DNS name so probably some sort of round-robin. I'd like to see servers closer to the customer. However, that only addresses some lag as opposed to long delays or disappearing videos. It appears to be a server issue but if it happens to you and not me, on the same server site, it doesn't make sense.

wynk
Initiate
Initiate

We are also running into this issue with our home Arlo system.  A notification occurs, often as expected (we walk by the camera), but no video shows up in the Library.  The email notfication with the video link is very delayed, over an hour or never at all.  This just started happening recently; we started noticing it yesterday and today. Before, it was very reliable.

Flaguy57
Tutor
Tutor

As of 1:30 ET this afternoon everything seems to be working again. I'm getting notifications and videos are showing up in my library. Thank you Netgear.

Allentowngal
Guide
Guide

same here in Allentown, PA - east coast.  Get notifications on phone..... EMAILS AN HOUR LATER.... NO VIDEO.

Just bought 2 new cameras. Was thrilled with the first one.... never had this issue before. Have limited budget and this was a BIG purchase for me for peace of mind. 

Sure hope you find a solution soon.

Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem with my system - get notifications but no videos or only one or two from a four camera system set to record on all.

Ping result: ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com [54.77.176.243]

Base station: VMB3010r2 x 1
Wifi Camera: H7 x 4
Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just had a chat with the support team - it seems that there is a problem with the media servers. Work is in progress to correct the problem but no finish time can be estimated.

Base station: VMB3010r2 x 1
Wifi Camera: H7 x 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC