Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
wiLLieDog70
Follower
Follower

cameras seem to be offline, but basesation is on. Please help

12 REPLIES 12
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning wiLLieDog70,

According to our data center reports, your system is now back online.

I do see, however, your system's Default Mode is 'Home and Awake.'

To reset your default mode, please follow the steps below:

1. Reset the base station by holding a paperclip in the Reset hole at the back of the base station. Do this for about 10 seconds, until the LED's all go amber.
  2. Once your base station has restarted and the two left-most LED's (Power and Internet) are once again green, sync your cameras to the base station one at a time.

The steps above should correct your Modes. All Motion On means all of your cameras will be enabled to detect motion. All Motion Off disables motion detection for all cameras. You may also create Custom Modes, if you wish to only enable motion for some of your cameras.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Edgard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the same issue...but, I by mistake deactivated the cameras. Now I can't figure out how to get them back. I have followed the instructions that you have listed to restart the base station. It does not work. Any suggestions.
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Edgard,

Welcome to the Arlo Community!

You can re-activate your base station be performing the following steps while you are in the same location and on the same network as the base station:

1) Log into your Arlo account

2) Click/tap "Settings"

3) Click/tap Subscription

4) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page/screen under "Base Stations"

5) Add Base Station

6) the Base station serial number should auto populate

7) Click "Continue"

Your base station should now be connected! You will also need to re-sync your cameras.

Take a look at this link if you have any issues with syncing your cameras: My Arlo camera won't sync to the base station how can I troubleshoot?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Pullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The arlo systems works perfect till 14 dec 2015

Then the camera's where online.

I tried to paired again but it fails.

Then i have restart all and i can't register the base station

How to work now?

Best Regards,

Pullen

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pullen,

To add the base station back to your account be sure you are using a device that is on the same network as the base station. Log in to your Arlo account, navigate to Settings and then to Subscription then click Add a Base Station and follow the on-screen prompts.

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

JamesC

Pullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

it don't works, even with my desktop on the same router as the arlo basestion he don't find him.

He has works good a long time, and then without any changing he don;t work, maybe he is broken?

Pullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I have reset the base station and instal the camera's, it works for a few hours,

Then both camera's goes offline and I have to restart all again!

Strange, because the system has worked perfect a long time

Pullen
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I have reset the base station and instal the camera's, it works for a few hours,

Then both camera's goes offline and I have to restart all again!

Strange, because the system has worked perfect a long time

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pullen,

It sounds like there could be interference from another device. Be sure there are no other wireless devices nearby that could be causing the camera to lose connection with the base station.

If you continue to experience issues please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate.

JamesC

j1stealth
Star
Star

I have the exact same problem!! my system has been working for about 5-6 months so far.. all the sudden, just about a few weeks ago and until now.. my cameras keep showing OFFLINE and I have to restart my system and then it will work for a few hours / days and then it goes OFFLINE!!  And one time, I notice my camera was on even though it was not set to do do any detection. I have replaced the batteries for my Arlos camera and resync but the issue is still there.
This is horrible!!  So frustrating.. arg $500 system..  I have contacted arlo support and let's see..  

Please let me know if if you your issue resolved..

ssmith9994
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sadly for the price I paid I should not have to do this weekly! I am constantly having these error messages. Putting a paper clip to reset system back to factory settings takes a lot of time to resync and then climb the ladder to put them back up. Something is oddly wrong. They worked the first week I had them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ssmith9994,

If you continue experiencing this behavior consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of this issue.

JamesC