Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

lost camera in my garden (Arlo VMC 3030) !

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slaplass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

after a strong wind, i guessed my camera got hold of its support.
She is still connected to her base but I can not identify the blurry image she sends to find it :

The camera seems to be in the middle of tree branch and foliages but I can not see if this is seen from the ground or in height.
it's amazing, I inspected the whole garden within a radius of 90 m and I did not find it.

No more Battery now, unfortunately.

Is there another way with a location feature to find it ?
Have you heard about birds that could steal cam ?

thank you !

0E3A2465-2D12-40A4-B3CE-0521909F44C4.png
4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@slaplass

These cameras are quite heavy so I would think that if the wind blew it down or a bird or squirrel knocked it down it should be within 1 or 2 meters of from thelocation. If it fell and a dog or racoon took it that is another story although I don't think they would have taken it very far. You say you could make out vegetation. Was it mounted in a tree? If so maybe it is still up in the branches. I don't know of any way to locate it except visually.

Brian

slaplass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

thank your for your Time and your answer.

I do agree with you regarding your assumptions and potential place that cam could be hidden or fallen.

Cam was mounted in a tree and as we are in winter, there is only branches and really nothing around 5 meters from tree. When battery was still working, we have used light in the night to see Something on the picture but nothing...

this is really a mistery ! 😉

i have appreciated your help and I will continue to look for...

stephane 

brh
Master
Master

@slaplass

I suppose a big hawk, eagle or owl could have stolen it. Do you have any nests nearby?

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

post the picture if able

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------