Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 base stations? can't stream 6th camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
nasserrashed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a second base station to add more camiras because the first one is full (5 camiras) but when I tried to add the 6th camira the system asked me to deactivate one of the old camiras to activate the new one

any solution please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@nasserrashed

Most likely it is your subscription plan. The free 7 day cloud storage only works with 5 cameras. The next plan up is $9.99 per month for up to ten cameras. Until you upgrade your subscription plan you can only use 5 cameras. One of your cameras must stay offline. You can use a second email account to allow 5 more cameras for free, but the modes and rules will not work together. 

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@nasserrashed

Most likely it is your subscription plan. The free 7 day cloud storage only works with 5 cameras. The next plan up is $9.99 per month for up to ten cameras. Until you upgrade your subscription plan you can only use 5 cameras. One of your cameras must stay offline. You can use a second email account to allow 5 more cameras for free, but the modes and rules will not work together. 

Brian

nasserrashed
Aspirant
Aspirant
thanks Brain
but I think it’s unfair
I bought the camiras and the base stations
and I pay for the battries monthly which cost around +$3 *4 / each
I don’t need the cloud I only need to use all stations under the same usename..
really strange !!
brh
Master
Master

@nasserrashed

I understand your feelings but what it is is what it is. We can't change that. The subscriptions are a revenue source for Arlo and all the other manufacturers of similar products. But, I have not found anyone else that gives free cloud storage for the first 5 cameras. The competition might give you 30 days free cloud storage to set their system up, but after that they charge even if you only have one camera.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to mention that this is spelled out everywhere - 5 cameras for free.

WHat you can do is to create a second account using a second email address and set up the new base and camera on that account (remove them from the old one first). Now use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first, adding the Access Rights. That way all cameras will be seen and (mostly) controlled by one login.

brh
Master
Master

@nasserrashed

If i were changing batteries every month, I would seriously consider changing when I am arming or disarming my cameras.

Anyway, You can get a much better price on Amazon or other retailers on brand name batteries if you purchase in larger quantities. I bought a larger 12 pack from Walmart and the price/battery was about $1.50 apiece and I have also purchased the same pack on Amazon.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wrote:

I bought a second base station to add more camiras because the first one is full (5 camiras) but when I tried to add the 6th camira the system asked me to deactivate one of the old camiras to activate the new one

any solution please ?

Set up two accounts , one for each base... add the cameras closest to each.

Go to the settings of the secondary account and use Grant Access to the primary.

All cameras will appear in the primary account, and you will have almost full control of them if you grant all admin rights

Down side is each base must be armed/scheduled/ etc separately, some don't like this.

( I actually find this better as I group mine like inside-outside and allows easier control in the modes )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------