Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lost camera footage

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
H8corruption
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you are low net gear for racing the videos of sheriffs trying to kick my door in because might want to specify that seven days of free cloud is a bunch of bull**bleep** to your customers so you don't end up with an angry mob but what a bunch of bull

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

H8corruption,

Content is stored in the cloud for a maximum of 7 days (if using the free Basic Plan). Content older than 7 days will be permanently deleted. Any content you wish to save for future use should be downloaded and stored locally.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Your comment makes no sense to me
H8corruption
Tutor
Tutor
My bad, that was supposed to say I lost the footage I had of two officers trying to kick my front door in Blatant misconduct and excessive force, it said user denies access when I tried to download it and now it's just gone and so are all my other videos so if I can't save them and they don't stay in the cloud if I mark them as favorites and I can't email them to myself, how are the videos helpful if I can't access them when I need to. This was not an isolated incident it's been going on for two months which is why bought the cameras to begin with and I have lost all the videos that would've helped support my innocence in court.
H8corruption
Tutor
Tutor
I also put in for a customer service request for a phone call to talk about possible recovery of the videos but never received a call.
Dinerve
Apprentice
Apprentice
What do you mean exactly? Was the footage deleted before day 7? When did you try downloading it? Was it on the 7th day close to the time of deletion?

Why didn't you download them as soon as you got the footage?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

H8corruption,

Content is stored in the cloud for a maximum of 7 days (if using the free Basic Plan). Content older than 7 days will be permanently deleted. Any content you wish to save for future use should be downloaded and stored locally.

JamesC

H8corruption
Tutor
Tutor
I'm really glad you're proud of your job and all but please don't mark things as a solution when they are anything but to me the user… If you want something to do with your time try making your stupid business better do not mark things for me ever again as anything this was not a solution
H8corruption
Tutor
Tutor
Oh and personally Arlo cameras kick ass net gear sucks and so does your customer service
Tommeehan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I find the cloud storage?. My mother is in an assited living and I believe that an aide deleted critical footage which would have cost her 

her job.. My bad, I left the program open on he computer after viewing it, i was livid and went to find executive help. She would have deleted it from my 

library but it was yesterday and if everything is stored in the cloud, I need to know how to access and download it before it expires...Please help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tommeehan,

All cloud content is located within the library on your Arlo account. When deleted from the library, this content is erased and can no longer be recovered.

JamesC