Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ksL
Follower
Follower

I have a large house and I need more than ten cameras. If one base station can only carry 5 cameras, I will then need two or more base stations for one account.  Can I? How to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Base stations are not the ones limiting the number of cameras that can be connected, it's the subscription plans on an account.

The basic (free) plan limits you to a total of five cameras, the Premier (paid) plan limits you to ten, and the Elite (paid) plan to 15. You could have one or 15 base stations on any plan.

If you want to completely avoid having to pay for a subscription, you'd have to create an account for each set of five cameras. Since you said, you need more than 10 cameras, you'd need at least three base stations. Then, in order to avoid having to login and logout between accounts all the time to change modes, you'd create one account, declare that the “master“ account and establish the other two accounts as friend accounts to it. When logged in on the master account, you'll be able to switch modes on the friend accounts (i.e. the other base stations) without having to explicitly log in to them.

Certain administrative tasks such as creating and modifying modes you will have to login to each respective account for though, but that is typically something you only do one time. Once modes are established you would only activate and deactivate them, and that you can do easily on a friend account, so no need to log off/log on.

Of course, if you don't care about paying for a subscription or don't want the hassle of setting up multiple accounts, then the Elite plan would be the subscription to select.

One other technical limitation that's worth keeping in mind is that the number of concurrent video streams per base station is limited to five - again, that number is independent of any subscription plan. Based on that, you'll have to judge how many base stations you need.

With my five cameras spread outside around the house, I've never had more than two concurrent video streams, and that's only because I've configured two cameras to go off simultaneously when motion is detected on one of the two.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ksL wrote:

I have a large house and I need more than ten cameras. If one base station can only carry 5 cameras, I will then need two or more base stations for one account.  Can I? How to?

First , there is no limits to the number of bases on any account.

But, you can have more than 5 cameras per base IF your sevice level allows... basic is 5,  premier is 10, elite is 15.

( but max streaming at same time , is 5 cams per base)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Base stations are not the ones limiting the number of cameras that can be connected, it's the subscription plans on an account.

The basic (free) plan limits you to a total of five cameras, the Premier (paid) plan limits you to ten, and the Elite (paid) plan to 15. You could have one or 15 base stations on any plan.

If you want to completely avoid having to pay for a subscription, you'd have to create an account for each set of five cameras. Since you said, you need more than 10 cameras, you'd need at least three base stations. Then, in order to avoid having to login and logout between accounts all the time to change modes, you'd create one account, declare that the “master“ account and establish the other two accounts as friend accounts to it. When logged in on the master account, you'll be able to switch modes on the friend accounts (i.e. the other base stations) without having to explicitly log in to them.

Certain administrative tasks such as creating and modifying modes you will have to login to each respective account for though, but that is typically something you only do one time. Once modes are established you would only activate and deactivate them, and that you can do easily on a friend account, so no need to log off/log on.

Of course, if you don't care about paying for a subscription or don't want the hassle of setting up multiple accounts, then the Elite plan would be the subscription to select.

One other technical limitation that's worth keeping in mind is that the number of concurrent video streams per base station is limited to five - again, that number is independent of any subscription plan. Based on that, you'll have to judge how many base stations you need.

With my five cameras spread outside around the house, I've never had more than two concurrent video streams, and that's only because I've configured two cameras to go off simultaneously when motion is detected on one of the two.

KSLiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your very detailed explanation!

How do I subscript to PREMIER or ELITE plans?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Under Settings in the Arlo app (or web access) select Subscription under Account. There you'll be able to select another subscription.

Note that the paid subscriptions are not available in all countries. So, if you don't see the paid plans in the Account settings, the basic (free) subscription will be your only option.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget, the advantage of the upper levels is also 30 or 60 days of storage , not 7 like with the free/basic plan

Morse is faster than texting!