Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
honies1
Follower
Follower

the base station is not detecting a internet connection! Ive switched the ethernet cords around and still not detecting a connection!!! The light is a steady amber color. I have a great signal so i dont know what the problem would be.

22 REPLIES 22
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't had this problem so anything I say should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Have you checked the router to ensure that the base station is getting an IP address? Exactly where you find that info will depend on the exact router so you may have to slog through your various screens to find it.

It may also be worth rebooting both the router and base station (do the router first).

Good luck!

Edit: I believe it's also possible that your upload speed isn't fast enough (1Mb/sec minimum).  Using your computer or other device using your router to connect to the Internet, go to http://speedtest.net and verify your upload speed.  Mine is Time-Warner and is only 1Mb/sec but works fine.

crouton1
Tutor
Tutor

Hello honies1,

We're having the same problem internet connection problem - did you end up resolving this?  Would appreciate any tips.

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

crouton1,

Are you seeing an error message indicating the internet connection problem? What is the internet LED behavior on the base station? Do you see the same behavior when viewing from other devices such as the mobile app? Please let us know so we can further isolate the issue!

JamesC

Sirkaos
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is also showing offline. After I connected the cameras to the base unit, that worked ok. But I am not getting a Internet LED indication (far right light as observed from the front on the base unit. On the back of the router, I see a green activity light on when I plugged in the LAN cable. I tried two different cables, same results. So when I open the app, everything is offline. Any ideas? Also, what is the 2nd and 4th light for? The 1st is the power and the 3rd is the camera pairing, I know.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC,

The 2nd LED from the left is the internet activity LED. It has a globe icon above it. What is the behavior of this LED?

JamesC

Bicudo_Br
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Just got my 3 camera kit yesterday

I tried to setup my base station and i could not go further.

I followed the instruction.

I plugged the internet cable to the router and plug the power cord. so ONLY the power LED(green) got on. there is no other light on.

I used few internet cables, i used different portal on the router. I know my internet is working bc i was able to plug the same internet cable from the router to my computer and it work.

can anyone help me with it?

I also tried to keep going with the set up hoping that the LED was not working. so i opened my apps and clicked on new system setup, then clicked on Arlo base station, then next pages said "discovering your device. please wait...... i wait for 3 hours and nothing happened.

could it be that my base is not working?

i am very excited to use my cameras, PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a factory reset using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Give it a minute to reboot and see if the second from the left LED becomes green, indicating an Internet connection. If it remains off, it sounds like the base has a problem and the system should be returned for another one at the store you purchased from. If the Internet LED is amber, the base would seem to be working but there's an issue with connection with the Arlo servers. Might be the base, cable, router, etc.

Bicudo_Br
Aspirant
Aspirant

i did what you asked. I pushed and held the tiny reset button behind the base station(between the on/off button and tha LAN portal) until all the LEDs light flash orange. after that only the power button was on(green). so it did not work for me. I bought my from Amazon. so do i need to contact them?

one more thing. i noticed that when i have the base station on i have this new wifi option on my phone called  NETGEAR93. why is that?

i will try one more thing. i will take my base station and and a camera to my father in law house and see if have can get the internet LED light to come on there. if it does not work there either, it means that the base station really has a problem. what do you think?

thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

i will take my base station and and a camera to my father in law house and see if have can get the internet LED light to come on there. 

Easy way to test it

one more thing. i noticed that when i have the base station on i have this new wifi option on my phone called  NETGEAR93. why is that?

Maybe someone has a Netgear router nearby... the Arlo base does have an SSID broadcasted , but usu a longer name and is not accessable as a normal wifi router.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen both long and short ones.  Right now, mine are long.  In any event, that SSID is no doubt the base station.  Turn it off to ensure.

Bicudo_Br
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks.

I thought it was someone else router too, but every time i turn off the base station it desappears. very confusing haha

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not explicitly stated but Arlo generates it's own custom WiFi network. That's why the base shows up with an SSID.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It must be new, i have not yet seen a short version of the Netgear SSID... mine all appear as "NTGR_VMB_140XXXXXXX

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen stuff like NETGEAR46 and not just recently.  Maybe it's the utility cutting it short but I don't think so.

Bicudo_Br
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took my base station to my father in law house and it worked there. I was happy that it worked but i little sad bc the problem was at my internet.

So when i got home i just plug everything as before and it worked. WHAT?? exactly..... it just worked.

now i have it all working now. NOT QUITE..... with my 3 cameras base station bundle i also bought an add on camera. So ALL the 3 cameras are working very well, but the add on camera does not work. it never connect to show anything. the camera shows as installed and everything but i can watch anything .

any help? Please dont tell me to take it to my father in law again hahaha

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bicudo_Br wrote:.... with my 3 cameras base station bundle i also bought an add on camera. So ALL the 3 cameras are working very well, but the add on camera does not work. it never connect to show anything. the camera shows as installed and everything but i can watch anything .

Usu if you REMOVE (delete) the camera and then bring it back as new this problem is solved

SETTINGS>pick camera>REMOVE DEVICE

phrescue777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like the others I cannot get a cellular connection....it will not recognize my email/password that I use here online!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bicudo_Br,

Are you getting an error message when trying to live stream the add on camera? If so, what is the message? If the camera indicated a rapid blue LED after syncing and is showing up under my devices that means the camera synced correctly. What is indicating that the camera is not behaving as expected? Does this camera produce library content when motion is detected?

JamesC

Bicudo_Br
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

I have done it like 10 times. i add and remove it, but it has not worked.

I unplugged the station for 5 minutes and it did not work. I switched batteries with camera 1 and it still did not work.

On my phone it shows 4 cameras but only 3 can play. the forth one(the add on) does no have picture at all and when i press the live button i can the msg PLEASE wait..... and then a orage msg on the top of my phone saying.... camera hdgkkjhfsfajj cant play, try again.

i have not tried the library option with the motion. i will try it today when i get home.

I will also try to remove one of the cameras that is working and have only 3 cameras on and see if it is related with the quantilty of the cameras in the base station

richdonegan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. Plugged everything in and no light on the Internet LED. Done a factory reset, swapped out patch cables, rebooted the modem. Nothing worked. Extremely frustrated with this as I'm swapping out a Nest cam for these but considering they're not working, I might have to rethink. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No internet LED means no network connection. Can be the cable or router or base Ethernet port. Since you've tried most of these steps, consider taking the system back to the store and swapping. Even new equipment can be faulty.

Nev12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem that you describe. I have taken the whole lot to a friends Internet and it all worked fine. I have now returned home and all I get is the green power light and the Amber Internet light. Arlo app tells me the system is offline but there is nothing wrong with the system and the base unit works fine on my friends network....I have satellite internet off Astra but download speed is 10 meg today so can't be the issue as my friend has terrestrial Internet with download speed of 2 meg and upload speed about 0.2 mega but it worked fine then and I was able to complete the registration process and use the camera and see images on my iPad. I am having netgear support to trouble shoot this but they hadn't been able to sort it yet.