Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lad
Follower
Follower

installing ARLO to second home. Do I use the existing account or start new account for second home?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... Even on the Basic ( free ) level, there is no limit of bases... just the # of cameras.

So if you have 2 bases you can use them on the same account with a total of 5 cameras and they don't have to be in the same location.

Or upgrade to a higher service level.

Keep in mind, I've found it easier to set up at your home location and then move the base and associated cameras to the new, usu a just plug in and it should work. ( tho not necessary, you can just set up in the new location with you login/pw )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... Even on the Basic ( free ) level, there is no limit of bases... just the # of cameras.

So if you have 2 bases you can use them on the same account with a total of 5 cameras and they don't have to be in the same location.

Or upgrade to a higher service level.

Keep in mind, I've found it easier to set up at your home location and then move the base and associated cameras to the new, usu a just plug in and it should work. ( tho not necessary, you can just set up in the new location with you login/pw )

Morse is faster than texting!
Bigboypantz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one at home and i bought a seperate base and 2 camras for my work place..do i need another account?? How do i add it on my mobile app i need help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the total number of cameras doesn't exceed 5, you simply add the new system normally to your account using the Add Device button on the Devices tab.

Bigboypantz
Aspirant
Aspirant
So just add the new router and the camras with the add device..what about the wifi? Does it matter that its at a diffrent location like i have to sign it up to the wifi there and on my phone ill be able to watch all my camras at home and at work? Or do i install it at home and then take it there? Im confused
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WiFi has nothing to do with it.  Since Arlo is cloud-based, each base station connects to the Arlo servers and you use the app to see them by also connecting to the servers.  That's why you can be on cell service and still see your system(s).  As long as the bases maintain their Internet access, it will be as if you're sitting next to them.

A caution - work networks frequently block access to non-business-related websites such as Arlo.  You may have to use cell service to do so instead of the work network.