Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Yeags87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed 3 cameras recently and notice that every few days my settings are reset. For instance I have one camera to record for 25 seconds and another for 15 seconds. Within a few days they are defaulted back to 10 seconds and unable to change them back without taking them down and re-syncing them with the base (which is quite annoying to have to do this every few days). I have seen a few people with similar issues but haven't found a resolution that's seems to be a permanent fix. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeags87,

Have you created a custom mode for these cameras? Are you certain you are saving the changes?

JamesC

Yeags87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, the settings stay for a few days and then revert back. Once they revert back to their default the options stay grayed out until I take them down, remove the batteries, re-sync them.. then I redo all the settings and they stay for a few days until it happens again
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeags87,

Consider factory resetting your base station. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices and remove the base station. After it has been removed,  go back to your account main screen (Devices) and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. If you're having trouble discovering the device, you may need to manually factory reset the base by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Also be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.

JamesC