Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

Recently, I noticed the family's iPhones' (4S' iOS v9.3.5 and 6's iOS v10.0.2) iOS apps show Arlo app at their login screens. I know sharing the same e-mail adddress would kick the other logged in session and show the message, but they don't say that and aren't shared. Also, apps have remember passwords checked. What's going on? Is anyone else having this problem too?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

17 REPLIES 17
williamggruff
Initiate
Initiate
Same here on iPhone 6 / iOS 10.x. This should be an easy fix. Please resolve this nuisance issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ant,

I have escalated this topic for further clarification. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

FrankFurter69
Tutor
Tutor

My usual routine with the Arlo iOS app is this:

1. Receive notification that a camera was triggered
  2. Open the Arlo iOS app
  3. Check the library and find there's no video yet
  4. Go to the camera using the iOS app
  5. Click the play icon
  6. Watch the progress circle spin for 5-10 seconds, then go back to the play icon
  7. Reset the app by killing it off
  8. Click the play icon on the camera again
  9. Get the usual yellow banner that it's unable to play
  10. Reset the app and/or phone again.
  11. Repeat steps 2-10 until it works, wondering the entire time if my home is being ransacked by thieves
  12. Think more seriously about installing a wired system

And NOW I have to deal with the app being logged out all the time. Of course, I use a highly-secure password, so I have to:

1. Open Arlo iOS app
  2. Asking for password, as it logged itself out
  3. Go find my 1Password app, search for Arlo, find password, copy it
  4. Return to Arlo iOS app and enter password
  5. Cycle through steps 3-12 above

Such great potential, so poorly executed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't speak for iOS but with Android you usually just have to wait several seconds or back out of the app and open again. Those actions will log me in without having to type everything in again. Exactly why this is happening, I don't know but it's the latest app.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

YES-

I was going to submit this as a topic, but see that others have this issue too.

iOS Arlo App keeps logging out (not ALL the time, but very frequently), which brings the login screen as shown on this attachment.

unnamed.jpg

dmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. It dealt with it for a bit, but it's really problematic.

plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I wonder if this is due to a 2nd person (eg. spouse) logging into the account, automatically logging out the 1st person???

FrankFurter69
Tutor
Tutor

Not in my case, my wife doesn't use it, and it happens all the time when we're together. I've written it off to shoddy programming. At this point just waiting for a better solution.

UserInCalif
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is happening to us, too. On ios, iphone 6+, ios9.
midget2000x
Guide
Guide

I just logged in to report this issue, and see that I'm not the only one!  This started happening to me 2-3 weeks ago.

I am the only user of the app (and of the system).

Having to re-log-in to the app is not very conducive to quick checking of the cameras (like when you receive a notification).  

forlornlawngnom
Initiate
Initiate

I am using android and also being logged out. This wouldn't be such a problem, but with geofencing, when the app logs out the system can't detect where the device is and I suddenly get notifications about movement in the house becaues its me. I can't be expected to open the Arlo app every few hours just so it knows I'm home...

Natedawg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem, where is the fix?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The autl-logout is normal and expected. Only if you use the system during the logged in period does the timer reset.
FrankFurter69
Tutor
Tutor

Source?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Empirical evidence as well as stated here many times by both users and staff.
FrankFurter69
Tutor
Tutor

It appears you have the same grasp of the problem as the staff here. This happens in the same DAY frequently. You're telling me that's by design? 

That being said, I haven't noticed this issue since the past couple of updates, so I'm guessing that this "non-issue" has been resolved. Of course, I still have the same issues getting a camera to display video on the first try, so they still have that "non-issue" to resolve. 

This reminds me somewhat of Tivo. They were the only game in town for many years, and had little motivation to resolve certain issues. Why would they, there was no competition! Same with Arlo. They're more or less the only game in town, but my hunch is that sooner or later a worthy competitor will enter the market. 

So we wait. 

slickman
Star
Star

I have to agree, some compitition will set a fire under managment to put some work into this to make it better.  Your off to a good start guys, don't drop the ball or you may lose the game....  I hate being logged off all the time, if I have a Arlo Q, whats the point?