Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor

hi everyone,

what i need is an option in settings - disable notifications - "always".. but there is only 30min, 1hour, 3 hours, 24 hours.. i would need an "always" option because i have 5 cameras around my home and i don't need a notifications all day, i just need to see them sometimes..

yes, i disabled notifications in android settings BUT arlo is still sending notification to my android, and my android just don't let me see it but arlo app is still draining battery (every time i go to battery info of my phone arlo is always the first app).. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing this feedback. I will provide this info to the team for consideration. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@montyfabio wrote:

what i need is an option in settings - disable notifications - "always".. but there is only 30min, 1hour, 3 hours, 24 hours.. i would need an "always" option because i have 5 cameras around my home and i don't need a notifications all day, i just need to see them sometimes..

If you have "Library" in your app, then a simple way to do this is to create custom mode(s) that record, but don't send notifications.

There are no custom modes if you have "Feed", but you can modify one of the three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, Standby) to do the same thing.

Then switch to the modes w/o notifications when you don't want them.

montyfabio
Tutor
Tutor

there's an info i forgot to write 😄 i have 2 more accounts (parents), and they actually want to receive notifications.. if I untick the flag you propouse nobody will receive notifications.. that's why i suggested an option in "disable notifications", cause it only affects my account...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing this feedback. I will provide this info to the team for consideration.