Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how does high heat effect camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

I live in TX so its pretty hot right now ! 97+ 

how does the camera hold up in the heat? 

i just noticed my picture is not clear so i am not sure if its related to the heat ( this is the first time this happens in my 6 days since installation) or its just a fluke.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jordandawg05,

I'm glad to hear that it has not been occurring since you had noticed the issue.

Provided the temperature is within the operating temperature of our cameras, your camera will function properly. It may affect the motion sensitivity of the camera, where you'll have to adjust the camera motion detection sensitivity to adapt to the outside temperature.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jordandawg05,

For our Arlo System, below is it's operating temperature:

Operating temperature

14° to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C)

1. If you have camera(s) installed inside your home, try swapping the outside camera to see if the same problem occurs?
  2. Have you tried to powercycle the camera that is outdoors by opening the battery lid then closing it?
  3. Did the unclear photo/video occur only once or several times?

You could bring the camera inside to get it back to room temperature and test it again outside. As the temperature raises it does affect the motion sensitivity.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

KristynM wrote:

Jordandawg05,

For our Arlo System, below is it's operating temperature:

Operating temperature

14° to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C)

1. If you have camera(s) installed inside your home, try swapping the outside camera to see if the same problem occurs?
  2. Have you tried to powercycle the camera that is outdoors by opening the battery lid then closing it?
  3. Did the unclear photo/video occur only once or several times?

You could bring the camera inside to get it back to room temperature and test it again outside. As the temperature raises it does affect the motion sensitivity.

Looking forward to your feedback.

1 -  onl have one camera

2- no i haven't, only happened today ...will try that if it continues

3- so far just once..it happened at 1pm this afternoon..i don't think its the heat , its possible the light at that time of the day? the camera is positioned down higher than 7 feet and pointing to the west side , so i am thinking around 1 the camera is receiving more light ?  

I discovered this this afternoon as it was windy and was getting several recordings and when i looked i noticed the qualit was less than before.  i checked a few minutes ago - 3 hours later and the LIVE feed looks good and normal. 

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jordandawg05,

Thank you for letting us know your findings.

Please let us know if there are any changes/differences you notice after monitoring your camera outside.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

Everything seems ok - I suspect that day I experienced the bad pic maybe it was too windy and possibly the camera was slightly moving ? Am not sure yet - the camera is mounted on my front tree . I haven't experienced the bad pic again ... It's been 100+ here n Texas so u don't think its the heat 

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jordandawg05,

I'm glad to hear that it has not been occurring since you had noticed the issue.

Provided the temperature is within the operating temperature of our cameras, your camera will function properly. It may affect the motion sensitivity of the camera, where you'll have to adjust the camera motion detection sensitivity to adapt to the outside temperature.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team