Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

grant access invites are not working.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Raveit1976
Guide
Guide

recieved an email from Arlo stating invites are working.  When putting in the email and hit sent  the grant acess screen goes blank  does not shoe the invitee or noting.    shows 0 for access.   i turened in a claim but they said is working not for me. 

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe that the invitee has to accept the invite and create their own account if not already to show that you have someone shared.
Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Their is nothing there for the invitee to accept. Both have accounts. After the invititor adds invitee it diaspears and will not let anyone be added
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raveit1976 wrote:
Their is nothing there for the invitee to accept.

Actually the "create account" control in the invite includes a token.  That token is used to complete the invite.

So try using PC browser, and click on that control.  You should be able to log in using the browser (instead of actually creating an account), and once done, the cameras should show up in the friend account.

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide

the grant access into the account was used.  put the invitees name and address selected all cameras and bases hit invite.    I now see it is pending on the invitors  account.     but the invitee has not recieved an email to use a token with.    still nothing is showing for the invitee to get access to the cameras  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raveit1976 wrote:

the grant access into the account was used.  but the invitee has not recieved an email to use a token with.   

As is usual, the invitee should check the spam filter in their email account.

You could also try doing sending a new invitation.

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Checked spam. Nothing of a invite.
Sent new invitation today. So far nothing I don’t have much hope of one coming as I have did everything they said to do
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raveit1976 wrote:
Sent new invitation today. So far nothing I don’t have much hope of one coming as I have did everything they said to do

It is possible to change the account email address after setup.  So you could try using a different email provider.

Are you using gmail (or a similar large-scale email service)?  Or is this a corporate email address?

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Both are using outlook. The one has always been outlook. The invitee who needs access was cableone and changed to outlook. Cable one is no longer doing email.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Raveit1976 wrote:
Both are using outlook. 

Does the invitee have anything else (gmail for example)?

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
No just outlook she does not want to get another account as she has other cameras under her account and want to add access to this one
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is she using the outlook client, or something else?

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Not using client.