Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
s_totty
Guide
Guide

Disillusioned is an understatement!
After a year of owning my system I can honestly say that i’m now thinking of getting rid of it and going with another brand.

The latest problem is this;

For several evenings, the recordings have displayed random, incorrect times. Now, for the last two days the base station has shown offline.

1. The is sufficient power in all cameras
2. All the lights on the base station are green.
3. I have unplugged and removed the power source several times.
4. The internet is absolutely fine.
5. The system runs 1xPro, 2x Arlo, and 1Arlo Q
6. The Arlo Q is working fine.
7. I have performed several restarts AND resets.

AT THE END OF MY LIMITS WITH THIS THING - if it’s not purple images, defect cameras, laboriously tiresome syncs and resyncs, endless painfully long conversations with ‘engineers’. Honestly, sick of it!

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

3 green LEDs on the base station but the base station is showing as offline? How are you ascertaining that the base station is offline?

s_totty
Guide
Guide
Because it is showing offline on the app - I can not turn the cameras on or off nor arm the system.
s_totty
Guide
Guide

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a browser to see if that works? It might be a display issue with the app.

s_totty
Guide
Guide
Just tried, still showing offline. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app without success?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

s_totty,

Did you factory reset the base station at any point during your troubleshooting? (press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber)

If so, this would result in the symptoms you describe. Log in to your Arlo account and remove the base station from Settings > My Devices.

Perform a factory reset on your base station by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber.

Allow the base station to come back online (solid green power and internet LEDs). Log back in to your account and press the "Add Device" button and select base station, follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

DC196801
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a similar issue but did a factory reset before removing and re-adding the base station device which means i need to climb up a get all my cameras down and resync themSmiley Sad

I thinka recent firmware upgrade that started the internet light blinking avery 10-15 seconds or so knocked it out on the 11th Aug. wish i had done the remove/add before the factory reset to save me the ladder work  

Nngo2278
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem since last week. All the light are green but device shown offline. Reboot several times to no avail. Ping to the base station is good. I have open a case with the support last week but have not heard a response from arlo support.
Nngo2278
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem since 8/8. Have open ticket with support since but no response yet. Can you detail how you resolve it? Thx