Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AESCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up this Arlo wireless camera system and it ran wonderfully for about a year. However, for many months now the cameras will go offline and I see the "This Arlo Device is Offline. Please make sure it is connected to the internet." I see many people have had this problem. I have read many posts in the community and I was able to get the cameras to work for four days using the information in this post topic number 1287680.

I contacted support who requested that I perform the same steps that I had already performed. I asked if there was a reason that these steps would work this time when they only worked for four days previously. They then told me to make sure there are no walls or doors between the base unit and the cameras. Huh? What good are wireless cameras that need to be in the same room as the base unit?

Since these cameras worked perfectly fine for about a year - the warranty period of course - and have been located in exactly the same spot with the base station throughout this period, I would think this means that these cameras or the base station have a usable lifespan and after a period do not work as well.

Are there wireless Arlo cameras that last longer?

What good are wireless cameras that need to be in the same room as the base unit?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it seems that all cameras are having the problem, it would seem to be an issue with the base, not the cameras. That could be a bad base or something nearby that is interfering with the signal quality. Have you added or moved any 2.4GHz devices near the base? Have you tried relocating the base to see what happens?

AESCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have not added any 2.4gHz devices. We have a cordless phone that has been sitting in the same location  for many years. There is not a place to move the base in relation to the router except attach it to the wall somehow. I can try that.

Have other people been in this situation and found that the base was causing the problem?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have struggled for months before opening a case and getting their bases replaced. Once done, their problems disappeared. No guarantee but you;ll never know if you don't try.

Punie2_
Guide
Guide

I just had the same problem. Problem solved: I changed out the Cat5e or internet cable. The cable that came with my cameras base were bad and intermittent. I hope this help you!

ajGenius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue - 4 cameras have been out all month until today "This Arlo device is offline

Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help."

, one miraculously is on while the remaining three continue to show off line; thus not an internet issue.   Configuration has remained the same for over half a year.  Batteries were replaced at end of Sept.

Punie2_
Guide
Guide

Sir I have the Arlo wireless 2 camera.  I changed out the provided Cat5e cable and I replace it with a Cat6a cable.  The problem went away.