Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

firmware update drained brand new betteries, then couldn't finish the update.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tncterry
Follower
Follower

I put fresh from the store brand new batteries in all 3 of my cameras. Went to sync them like normal and got a message that it needed a firmware update. That was fine we've had them for over a year no problems. It said do not remove batteries, since i just put fresh ones in that was a non issue. I left them to update only to get a notice later that day it was time to change my batteries......? update was unable to happen since the batteries died....any suggestions, ideas or tips on what happened? These batteries are NOT cheap, and i can't update my system. Side note, before anyone suggest bad batteries It has happened twice. I thought bad batteries myself, since the store clerk said they dont get much call for the 123 and i figured they had them behind the counter for a hot minute already. Please help 😞  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like the camera(s) lost contact with the base, draining the batteries as they tried to reconnect. Kind of late now but you might want to check Amazon, etc. for batteries with much better pricing. Seems like local stores often overcharge for these batteries so going a different direction would be in order.

I'd suggest using a good set of batteries and try to force the update. Remember to watch the LED on the camera front after replacing the batteries - if it's flashing blue and amber alternately it's doing the update which should only take a few minutes at most. You could try having the camera near the base to minimize a connection issue. If it doesn't automatically update, got into Settings and see if you can trigger it there. Same thing with the camera LED sequence.