Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo having difficulty connecting to base station since firmware update 1.10.1.684_9712 on 7/15/15

"Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."

Tried reboot of entire system and network.  Came on for a short period of time and now off again.

Is this a software bug? Or has my system failed?

6 REPLIES 6
Rfallona
Tutor
Tutor

I started experience problems yesterday. When I last tried it a few minutes ago everything was working.

The specific problem I am experiencing is when I try to connect using the web interface I get the "base station not connected".

However the base does have the appropriate 3 green lights, the motion detection still works and generates a photo and video

that I can view using the web interface. They have done something that intermittently breaks the inbound connection to the base somehow.

I performed a full reset, deleted the base from my account, and resynced the camera. It all worked for about an hour then failed again

in the manner described above.

This system has been ROCK SOLID since this last update. Please fix this. It definitely looks like a software issue to me tied to the

7/15 update.

Thanks.

msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree, this is now localized only to using the web portal with Firefox. It's working fine on Safari.  It's also working on my Android phone.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Firmware 1.10.1.684_9712 - 7/15/15 ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

AnthonyArmato wrote:

Firmware 1.10.1.684_9712 - 7/15/15 ?

they're reading the browser version ( system settings/ about )  , not the FW

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

msilverman,

When using Firefox on a fresh installation I was able to replicate the issue you described.  I was able to resolve the issue by following these steps:

-Update adobe Flash player and ensure the plugin is set to "always activate" Adobe Flash Player

-Clear browser cache How to clear the Firefox Cache

-Restart computer

I was then able to see the base station and cameras as online.

Please try these steps and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

WadeShuler
Star
Star

This issue isn't isolated to Firefox. Chrome has the same issue.

CCleaner can clear everything. When installing, uncheck the intelligent cookie scanner. Close everything down, open CCleaner, take the time to ensure everything you want to clear is checked. In the settings, there is an option to ignore things newer than 24 hours. Uncheck that so it will clear everything. Now your cache, cookies, history, everything is cleared. I have everything set to be cleaned, except my Environment Path (I'm a programmer and have software that rely on it), and wipe free space. For my settings, I have it set to secure file deletion 1 pass, and "wipe alternate data streams" and "wipe cluster tips" checked.

Clear your cache and see if the problem persists.