Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

finally getting battery level with rechargable batteries

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dpeagle
Aspirant
Aspirant

well, after a week of back and forth with support trying to get my cameras to update they finally did (v - 1.2.2412). with that and the latest android app update the battery level with rechargable batteries is now supported. i only hope the updates improve the mediocre battery life.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you follow my posts as well as TomMac's in various threads here you'll see that life seems decent. I'd have to revisit my data but I got nearly 3 month's worth of recording if following the 4 minutes per day Netgear uses as its standard for battery life.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As of today, it is on day 39 with normal use , battery indicated 2 bars as of day +/-34.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

24 days on lesser usage camera and now 2 bars, 198 minutes of recording. Optimized setting, 30 second videos. 

dpeagle
Aspirant
Aspirant

well, it's been over a week since the cameras updated and finally they work as advertised. before the update battery life was 4 days max. they would sense motion and record even with the settings set not to record motion. it is now day 8 on rechargable batteries and both cameras are still showing full charge. at this point i may now start shopping for more cameras. if i get 2 weeks on rechargables that would cover my specific needs as i am rarely away from home for more then that. i will update this thread each week until the batteries need replacing.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just finished a run of rechargeables... and not the best quality. See rechargabl thread

46 days total.( 37 days to 2 bars )  ..works fine for my usage.

Morse is faster than texting!