Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Date for still mode view

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TonyT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to access the view from my Arlo only in the "still mode"  to view progress Is this on my property when i am away. Will the actual date of the "view" appear inthe still image? Is this possible? I want use the still mode in an attempt to prolong battery life for upto 3 months or so!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to saving power, you can just set your camera rules to record for 10 seconds with motion  OR just hit the live stream play button in the camera view then stop it after a second or two... after the quick streaming, the new date/time will appear in the upper left corner of the camera . This is a static view and doesn't change unless your manually start it or record via motion again.

I'm hopeful that down the road Netgear will add a 'snapshot' option in the rules like the older system but till then, you have to do it manually.

FYI

The date/time of the video is on the file name when downloaded... 

The file name of each video is in Epoch Time. You may convert that filename here:

http://www.epochconverter.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to saving power, you can just set your camera rules to record for 10 seconds with motion  OR just hit the live stream play button in the camera view then stop it after a second or two... after the quick streaming, the new date/time will appear in the upper left corner of the camera . This is a static view and doesn't change unless your manually start it or record via motion again.

I'm hopeful that down the road Netgear will add a 'snapshot' option in the rules like the older system but till then, you have to do it manually.

FYI

The date/time of the video is on the file name when downloaded... 

The file name of each video is in Epoch Time. You may convert that filename here:

http://www.epochconverter.com/

Morse is faster than texting!
TonyT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, yes it worked. Later however i could not get the rules or modes to come up. Had our local internet provider tech take a look to see why. He thought the router or camera base unit or both were not working correctly.  We went back to Best Buy and they graciously replaced both of them. Our wifi products are now working successfully. However now when i log in to ckeck in on the camera, it states that i have two cameras,- presumably the new one and the old one. Do i need to delete the old one? 

Thanks you guys for all your help!!