Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

every weekend fixing ARLO

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had with my Arlo (5 cameras)

It is very inconsistent. I spend at least 1-3 hours every weekend with the tech support. I will say that they have been very nice but if you really want to know who is coming down your driveway or on your property you may never ever know if you own Arlo.

I just recieved a new base unit and 2 replacement cameras. It recorded on 3 of the cameras (which is appropriate) but only 1 camera has me returning. I drive a big red truck and I have a sacrifice camera that literally looks down on the driveway to pick up motion. Of the 2 replacement cameras I just recieved only one was a new model the other was a much oldr model. I have had Arlo for a while so I know the model changes. The old one would not accept the new firmware update. 

This past week as in the week prior I've had the camera stuck in recording mode so I had to shut it off. The Rules never work. NEVER. 

I am beyond angry at this point. This system is at a second home and I do not want to spend any more if my time trying to get this system to work correctly. Every weekend I have to do something and have spent the last 4 or 5 talking to tech support. 

It should not be this hard.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your 'sacrifice' camera looking down the length of the driveway is probably the worst position to detect motion of a vehicle approaching. PIR motion detectors all work much better when the heat signature goes across the field of view. I have one camera looking down my driveway and one at 90 degrees to it. Both are set to record when they detect motion but both also trigger each other. I have the 'other' camera record for a longer time than the trigger camera so I know which camera detected the motion.

I've not heard of any cameras getting stuck in recording mode. How far away from the base station and what signal strength does this camera get?

How are you ascertaining that the rules don't work? 

What are your speedtest results? What upload, download and ping speeds are you getting at your second home?