Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ScottS2b5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my camera's working and I'm able to connect to them via my phone and most networks.  When I go to my office I am able to connect to Arlo.netgear.com but I am unable to see my camera's.

Are there any ports that need to be opened on my Office's firewall? What kind of traffic does it really pass.

Regards,

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

are you using a supported browser at the office?

needs;

• Internet Explorer 10 or above
• Firefox 3.5 or above
• Safari 3 or above (Except on Windows and Linux)
• Chrome

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ScottS2b5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.. I've tried IE11 and Firefox.  Both work from EVERYWHERE else except the office.

Any thoughts?

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi ScottS2b5,

Typically this Error 201 has been known to appear when attempting to view from a corporate network, including when dialed into the corporate network using a VPN client if the firewall block this type of Internet traffic.

If there are any ports specifically blocked such as 80 or 443 you may want to contact your system’s administrator.

You can confirm this by accessing your cameras from your mobile device while connected to the Cellular data internet and not the corporate WiFi. If you are able to stream you camera(s) successfully it is likely the security settings of your network preventing your ability to view the cameras.

If you continue to get this error when connected to your cellular network or home environment please let us know so we can investigate this issue further.

Thank you for posting in the Community!

Lauren

Arlo Team

PaulH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been any recent updates on this issue? I have the same problem so I opened a support ticket which turned out to be a waste of time.  The following is the text from my support case:

Greetings Arlo support team,
I am unable to access the live stream from my network desktop while at work. I can take and save snapshots, view files in the library and everything else seems to function fine. Our ports 80 and 443 are open and we do not use a proxy server. I have tried disabling my AV, logging as admin, rebooting the base unit, and used three different browsers. Ive read everything I could find in the support files on this issue. My cameras are working fine in the iPhone app. I need this to work. My work operating system is windows 7 Professional, Service pack 1. What should I try next?

Support response:

Thank you for contacting NETGEAR Arlo Support. I will be assisting you with your concern today.

Please be informed that your device comes with 1 year hardware warranty from its date of purchase. The support warranty is tied up with your service plan which is Basic.
I believe that it has nothing to do with the firewall settings on your home network. You mentioned that you tried accessing your Arlo cameras at work, May I ask if you are using a work computer? Are you using a business connection at work?

My reply:

I believe I addressed your questions in my original email, however perhaps I was not clear.
1)' May I ask if you are using a work computer?"
Yes, Windows 7 Professional operating system

2) Are you using a business connection at work?
Yes

Support 2nd response:

Thank you for the feed back. Upon using a business type of network and a work computer, I believed that you have restrictions on your network connections. If you do not manage your Internet environment, contact your IT department for assistance with any firewall or router and computer configurations.

(Me)

I agree the issue is most likely the network settings, but support needs to give me some direction in order to resolve. We have already confirmed the port settings and AV are not the problem. After this second response I gave up on support and turned here for a possible answer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use your phone to access while away from your home network using cell service or perhaps a free internet hot spot can you access Arlo? If so, it's the work network that's the issue and Arlo support, nor the forums, can help. 

PaulH
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

If you use your phone to access while away from your home network using cell service or perhaps a free internet hot spot can you access Arlo? If so, it's the work network that's the issue and Arlo support, nor the forums, can help. 

Yes, the cell phone app works fine and I understand the issue must be addressed through our network, but support should  give us the live stream URL so I can have IT whitelist it. Thanks for your comments.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without knowing more, I'd be leary of wanting Arlo to release details of how to stream for privacy reasons.

brian82
Tutor
Tutor

I've been reading a lot of comments and complaints on this issue, and am becoming more sympathetic.  Perhaps your comment adds even more reasoning behind their quietness.  My iphone app always works, so i guess that is good enough, but it would be cool if the PC Browser worked.