Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

download MP4

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
artrix
Guide
Guide

Two days ago, when motion was detected, a link would come in my email, that gave me an option to download a MP4.   Today, I can only 'play' it and save as an html link.  How can I download the MP4s?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

artrix wrote:

Two days ago, when motion was detected, a link would come in my email, that gave me an option to download a MP4.   Today, I can only 'play' it and save as an html link.  How can I download the MP4s?

Goto LIBRARY, click on the date needed ( upper left ), click on the video... when the screen shot for the video appears, below it there's an option to download.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

artrix wrote:

Goto LIBRARY, click on the date needed ( upper left ), click on the video... when the screen shot for the video appears, below it there's an option to download.

Morse is faster than texting!
artrix
Guide
Guide

TY!  Got it.

paulg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar problem, but when I download a video file its in a format unrecognized by my players.  I have a Win 8.1 machine, with Win Media Play and VLC Media Player installed.  Both have always worked for mp3/4 files, but not with the files downloaded from Arlo.  The error I get is something like "unrecognized format".  Does anyone know how to fix this?

artrix
Guide
Guide

I had a similar problem in Windows ( I had 8 on another machine and went back to Windows 7!) - there are many work arounds - I installed AVS Video Editor and player becuase I was having other problems with the Windows Media Player and it is hard to uninstall and re-install inside of Windows if the Windows Media Player goes zonkers. I tried other things, but Media Player was still goofy.  After installing AVS (you can download it from AVS - don't do it through other sites or you'll  be adding a bunch of other stuff!) then go to Control Panel and change the program to open files - videos.   I don't think the problem was in Arlo, but Windows.  AVS works with a broader set of video extensions.  I like the editor part too, as Movie Maker 2 in Windows is picky about what file extensions you can use....