Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Glenda576
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having difficulties with my arlo cameras not picking up any movement with pets. It captures cars passing by, anyone coming & leaving my home. We have a total of 5 cameras. 3 in the front , 1 in the driveway, & 1 in our backyard. Unfortunately, none of the 3 cameras outfront have not been capturing people letting their pets relieve themselves on my lawn. This is one of the reasons I purchase the Arlo Security System. Can anyone please assist me with this. I am loosing my wit with this lack of disrespect and disregard to my personal property. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

G.Smith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dholliy
Guide
Guide

Increase your motion sensitivity level, in mode, motion, then click on pencil of camera name.

My Arlo cameras catch dogs all too often.

Windy days cause false alarms when set too high at my property.

GL

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on camera positioning. People detection is out to around 20 feet. Pets are smaller so less of an IR signature. You're going to have to get the camera closer and crank the sensitivity up in your modes and rules (see the FAQs for these, too).

Dholliy
Guide
Guide

Increase your motion sensitivity level, in mode, motion, then click on pencil of camera name.

My Arlo cameras catch dogs all too often.

Windy days cause false alarms when set too high at my property.

GL