Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I get this message when I try to log into the support for community.  I had to gain access to post this from my email.  Any ideas why I can't get on community support.  It says this with both browsers I use.

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

Any ideas why I can't get on community support. 

I am a bit confused, since you posted this on community support (community.arlo.com).

Were you trying to get to community support from the app? If not, what was the URL you were trying to reach?

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

No, I log in to Arlo account to view the library and from there is where I go to settings and click on support.  That is where is got the error message.  I tried with Chrome browser and Microsoft edge.  I was able to gain access through my email, just like with this response I am sending.  I log in from the header which is on my email when you responded.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

No, I log in to Arlo account to view the library and from there is where I go to settings and click on support.  That is where is got the error message.  I tried with Chrome browser and Microsoft edge. 

Got it.  @JamesC , @ShayneS :  I am seeing this same error.  The community URL on the support page of my.arlo.com doesn't work.  I suspect it should be www.arlo.com/community/login (the login bit is missing).  There's other stuff in the URL - not clear to me why it is there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed information. I was able to reproduce this as well. I will follow up with the team internally on this issue.

JamesC

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you.  I just logged in with Chrome and the same error still occurred.  I can copy the link from my email and paste it to Chrome.  Then it will open, same with Microsoft Edge.  I am not sure why this is happening all of a sudden.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone had any luck figuring out why you can't log into the support from the web (pc) using Chrome or Microsoft Edge?  I just tried again, and it still has the error message.  I can only log in from my people's responses sent to my email.  From there, I can get onto the support and sign in.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

b_k,

If you're referring to open support tickets, these aren't accessible through the web client. You can view these within the mobile app under Settings > Support

The team is working to resolve an issue with the Support link found under Settings > Support within the web client.

JamesC

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I thought you needed more explanation on my problem with the support page.  I didn't realize that there was a ticket for this issue to be resolved.  Thank you.

On another note, I am not sure if you have any answers to this question or if I have to make a new troubleshooting problem.  My 'old' camera is having a problem with the 'lights' for nigh time vision.  The lights would come on and go off at the recording.  Then after a few times, it would straighten out.  The next night, it wouldn't come on at all and the video was dark.  Do you know anything I can do to help this issue?  Again, thank you.