Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

chromebook error "This video is not able to play in your browser..."

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neighborsfromH
Initiate
Initiate

"...Please download to view." even though the videos will play in Chrome browser on my windows based computer. I can't download hundreds of videos a day, just to view them and Arlo didn't disclose this limitation. Does anyone have a solution, short of paying for a subscription for an Internet Explorer tab?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
neighborsfromH
Initiate
Initiate

solution: the arlo app allows me to view full videos and download them and doesn't bump me off frequently or at evening before 7th day subscription cutoff. the app doesn't work to view cameras live, take snapshots, or take live video. i have to go back to chrome browser arlo to do those. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a different browser as a workaround. It appears that either the video is corrupted (does it play ok when downloaded?) or it's an artifact of the Ultra 4k video capability that somehow has gotten into <4k videos. Others have complained about a not HEVC capable message on iOS - I'd bet the issue is the same.

neighborsfromH
Initiate
Initiate

solution: the arlo app allows me to view full videos and download them and doesn't bump me off frequently or at evening before 7th day subscription cutoff. the app doesn't work to view cameras live, take snapshots, or take live video. i have to go back to chrome browser arlo to do those.