Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

cameras on iphone SE are dark until i touch them then lightens up for a minute and then turns dark.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
rjfuturk3
Tutor
Tutor

all 5 cameras dark!!

firmware-1.8.1.1_10234

12 REPLIES 12
ElFlacoDeAntes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think your issue and mine (IOS App thumbnails greyed out) are one in the same. The thumbnails are showing up in the device list as greyed out images, correct? Did you just update the app?
Merman
Guide
Guide
Me too. I started a thread as well. (IOS Version 2.3.0) Problem started for me as soon as I installed 2.3.0 on my iPhone 6 Plus.
MKPA
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing happened to me this afternoon with the iphone app version 2.3.0 update.  All cameras on the devices page are dark until I tap "live".  Then it lightens up with a live picture until I hit stop. Then it goes dark again.  I hope they fix this one quickly.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It was the first thing I noticed, I think it's by design.

rjfuturk3
Tutor
Tutor
I hope that they change it back!!
rjfuturk3
Tutor
Tutor
Why not test it on in house first before they send it to everyone, just saying...
rjfuturk3
Tutor
Tutor
I was going to buy 5 more...
bobbynkitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem after I updated the Arlo app.  Did anyone get a reply back from Arlo customer service?

wrmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

What's the answer?

My i phone Arlo Pro cameras went dark yesterday. Looks like many of us have a similar problem. Oddly enough my Mac laptop pictures are ok.

BenF12400
Star
Star

Same problem - I realize it occured with the update - picture fine on PC when I open the site, but dark on my iphone unless I tap live.  Does anyone from Netgear monitor this site?  "Bug fix" caused "bug".

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is aware of this issue and is working hard toward a resolution. I will post an update when I have more information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

JamesC

BenF12400
Star
Star

Live "chat" support suggested I try my ipad - same problem - then suggested that I uninstall Arlo App from ipad, turn off ipad, reboot, reinstall Arlo App "and that should work".  But it didn't, so I wont even bother trying with my iphone.