Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras constantly going off without motion

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
arlouser081219
Tutor
Tutor

Constant problems no help from customer support cameras constantly going off without motion. Turn one off and another starts do not buy this junk huge waste of money

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey arlouser081219,

Could you clarify on what problems you're having when your camera is constantly going off without motion? Are you saying that your camera is not detecting motion properly?

arlouser081219
Tutor
Tutor
The record 3-5 times a minute, NO MOTION! turn off the problem camera and the problem moves to another camera. Moved the cameras set them to 1% for motion sensitivity moved the camera indoors facing a wall. Still happens there is no point in having a system that does not serve its intended purpose.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What cameras and base station?

Are the recordings tagged as "motion" or are they tagged as "audio"?

arlouser081219
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Pro, they are tagged as motion. The audio detection is turned off.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest contacting support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

arlouser081219
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo is support sucks! Zero help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

Hosedraggah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing with my cameras. I’ve only had them maybe 6 months. Camera goes off every few minutes for absolutely nothing. I loved this product and talked it up to everyone I know. I’m thinking there is no fix for this and I’ll have to switch brands. Money down the drain. I even turned sensitivity down to 1.
arlouser081219
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah you will have to switch, customer service is terrible. I tell everyone to stay far away from them now with the experiences I’ve had.