camera won't stay connected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Daisyrenee
Novice
Novice

Batteries are fine, but my camera stops working after a while. Screen report notes that 1 of the 5 cameras is not connected. I sync it again and it still quits working after a few hours.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it may be location..swap it with one of the working cameras to see if the problem follows the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daisyrenee,

Did the above suggestion by TomMac help? Were you able to isolate the issue to the location? Please let us know.

JamesC

teampurpleracn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with NEW system.  I have 8 Camera's and 7 work perfectly,  but 1 of them will sync up fine and show video then it will go off line and not work again till I remove from system and re-sync it then it does same thing all over again.

also my Base Station says it needs new update but it will not update firmware when I try it.  system is only 3 days old...

please help

Ron

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

teampurpleracn,

You could try swapping the location of the affected camera with a camera that is behaving normally. This will isolate if the issue is with the location of that camera and it is dropping offline due to poor signal strength or interference.

The Arlo base station will update automatically on it's own overnight. Current firmware is 1.7.5_6178. Is your base on this firmware? Does it still tell you that there is an update available?

JamesC

teampurpleracn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its definatly not a enviromental deal.  it doesn't work anywhere I put it, once I sync it and picture shows up. then once it times out it will go off line and never come back   till I remove it and sync it again.  its not even installed beacuse it wont stay online long enough to put it somewhere and adjust it.  like I said 7 of the 8 camera's work perfect

Base station-  yes it shows it needs an update but it is on the current firmware.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

teampurpleracn,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC