Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera firmware refuses to update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CharlesRBrown
Follower
Follower
2 of my cameras say they need firmware updates. When I try and update them I get "Upgrade failed-camera rejected the request" what do i need to do to rectify this??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They normally update on syncing or overnight. Sometimes problems happen. I would reboot the base and open and close the battery doors to see if that helps. If not, remove a camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. 

laythe
Star
Star

"They normally update on syncing or overnight. Sometimes problems happen."

I'm sorry, but this is not a statement that the manufacturer of a security system should be saying. It is a security system isnt it? I certainly got that impression from the marketing.

This is not a toy system, and if it is in fact a toy system, please adjust the price accordingly. I've recently spent more than £1000 on my system and am just discorvering how flaky it is. I could have run wires for more hassle, but more security.

Comments like the above, from Arlo, make me angry as a customer because you are confirming that I have been fooled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno who you may think I am but I'm just another user like you who, unlike you, has spent way too much time on these forums trying to answer questions. I do not represent Arlo, Netgear or anyone/thing else. If you have a problem that you think needs addressing, open a case with support. This is a user forum with only a few Arlo employees of which I am not one.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

laythe
Star
Star

My apologies, my comments are indeed stated with the assumption that Arlo is reading. I misunderstood due to your SUPERUSER badge.

Thanks