Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the 8 camera system for about 3 months, using a Netgear router. I noticed a lot off blank recording after movement was detected. Then last week the camera base station went offline. The display for all cameras was " Your base station is not connected to the internet.....". So I swapped the base station out with spare and everything works fine. With new base station I had the same message today, about a week later. I went outside and saw one of the cameras recording. Then about 30 minutes later I received an Arlo detection from the same area. Logged in and saw the camera was recording the same area I created a motion alert. I viewed the recording it was blank. Has anyone else noticed blank recordings?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

korybrown,

I have a few questions that may help me better understand the issue you are describing. When you say "blank recording" do you mean a solid screen with no content at all or do you mean a recording that does not appear to have motion? When the base station was indicated as offline, did you also notice what the status of the internet LED was? If you could please clarify and let me know i'd be happy to help!

JamesC

korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station was offline. I went outside and noticed that the camera was showing red for recording when I stepped out in front of the camera in the back yard. Camera sensitivity is 70. While insided I noticed the camera recording icon on and the system was back online about 30 minutes later. I played back video and no movement was in the camera recording.

During the night I have recorded many videos that show nothing in the video that could have activated the camera to record. I purchased Netgear security system back in August.

All lights on base station are normal. I have two base stations with an 8 camera setup, and I put one of the base station units in storage. I could not fix the offline issue with first base station so I swapped all cameras to the second base station.

I recorded the problem with all cameras being offline with first base station. Unit was offline for 2 days about two weeks ago. After resetting the unit and trying many different ways to get base station back online. I swapped it out with the second base station and everything worked right away. So it's not a router problem as the 2nd base station works fine, except for a couple of times the unit goes offline. This offline problem lasts from 1 to 10 minutes sometimes. When it does go offline all lights on base station are as they should be. I will be taking faulty base station in for exchange from Best Buy.

Cheers!