Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

battery replacement

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
warner33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, My camera needed new batteries so i replaced them, they lasted about a week and then said that they needed to be replaced again. Bought new batteries and it still said that the batteries needed to be replaced, even though they were brand new. I thought that they were bad batteries so i bought new ones and same issue. Im not sure what else to do and im not sure if the device is malfunctioning  or if i keep getting bad batteries. I updated the app, disconnected the camera from the base station and resetted the base station. Now i cant even connect my camera to the base station. Whats going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
warner33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I eventually got it working. i had to reset the base a couple times until the camera would sync up. very frustrating but its working now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

warner33 wrote:

Hello, My camera needed new batteries so i replaced them, they lasted about a week and then said that they needed to be replaced again. Bought new batteries and it still said that the batteries needed to be replaced, even though they were brand new. I thought that they were bad batteries so i bought new ones and same issue. Im not sure what else to do and im not sure if the device is malfunctioning  or if i keep getting bad batteries. I updated the app, disconnected the camera from the base station and resetted the base station. Now i cant even connect my camera to the base station. Whats going on?

Something obv is wrong...

Open the camera's battery door and check to make sure the batteries are correctly in place ( polarity lablel is inside the opening )

Do a full rest of the base... Hold the reset button in for ten secs till the base's front leds flash amber... then allow the base to boot back up.

At this point you should have the first (power) and second ( internet ) leds Green ( from left to right )

Close the battery door and resync the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master
What batteries are you using? Some of the cheap ones are really useless
warner33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reseted the base station like you suggested. held the reset button until the amber lights came on. i let the base station to reset and come back to the green lights. closed the batter door and tried to reset the camera. the light on the camera blinked blue for a few seconds then turned amber. blinked for a couple seconds then all lights went out. ive bought numerous battery brands. surefire, energizer and duracell. all give me the same result. 

warner33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I eventually got it working. i had to reset the base a couple times until the camera would sync up. very frustrating but its working now