base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rcchrisman
Follower
Follower

Does my Nighthawk ac1900 router model R7000 function as a base station for arlo cameras?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No.  The base station is required to talk to the cameras.

tricountytrail
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was under the impression the Arlo Wire-Free or the Arlo Q camaras are compatible with AC1900 WITHOUT needing the base station? I am building a new home with Time warner internet NETGEAR R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Smart Home Router w/ Arlo Wire-Free Security Camera Support and ARRIS SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. I dont want to purchase the base station if I don't need to. Is the ARRIS SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem WITH a Phone line or do I still have to use Time Warners Modem. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're responding to a pretty old thread. At that time, you needed the base station to use the wireless cameras with any router. These days, only the R7000 is capable of replacing the base station. The Q camera has no need for either a base station or a special router since it simply connects to the router via normal WiFi rather than the wireless system's use of a dedicated WiFi connection between the base and cameras.